motorcycle foamie update

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: motorcycle foamie update

Postby coolbanana » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Like, but dear I just bought it for the parts....but he said I had to take it all or nothing story. Or I can sell the roof a/c for more than I paid for the trailer :worship: :thumbsup: Yep we will have to set up a get together camp time in the warmer future. Would be a pleasure to meet you. Don and Karen
coolbanana
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GPW » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:32 am

I see you live north of P‘cola .... easy trip ... 8)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby coolbanana » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Thats yet to be see, depends on how much wind drag I get off that 4'x8' foamie behind my motor cycle LOL..
coolbanana
Teardrop Inspector

Postby atahoekid » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 pm

coolbanana wrote: I saw a popup camper on craigslist here for $100 dollars, it was 8 ft. and i thought wow that would make a great standie.

OOOOO AAAAAH. Buy that popup. I bought my frame from a pop up for $200 on Craigs List and though I haven't checked back very often, I have not seen another trailer for that price. If nothing else, you could resell it and make a profit!!!!
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby coolbanana » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Well I missed out on the pop up trailer. I checked this morning, and it was sold. Thats the problem ....when I have the money I can't find it, and when I find it I don't have the money. Was hoping it wouldn't sell till I got paid today, so I guess it wasn't meant to be. I still have an 18' boat trailer in the yard that would make at least a 14' standie or a low wider, or something. lol I need to finish the one I'm working on now first. maybe I can come up with some tricked out design for that one. Everyone take care and we'll talk to you later. Don
coolbanana
Teardrop Inspector

Postby coolbanana » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:21 pm

here are a couple of pics of my foamie hooked up to my motorcycle. Still need a window on far side and canvas, galley needs a couple of doors. Trailer needs lights,safety chains, and a storage box on the tongue. Oh I forgot the whole inside....100152100151
coolbanana
Teardrop Inspector

Postby atahoekid » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Wow. Looks great!!! Since the trailer is not very wide, you'll be legal with a minimum of lighting but as someone smarter than me said... I'd rather have them see me than save a few bucks on lights... For now you can call your interior "minimalist". :lol: :lol: The long tongue will help it tow nicely. Too bad on that frame. I know what you mean about money and timing... :o :o
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies