The Mad Dash begins...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: The Mad Dash begins...

Postby mikeschn » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Woohoo, it's weekend. I thought I'd start things off this evening by building a tiny shaker bench to put next to my bed. What do you think of this?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby GPW » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:24 am

Nice Table !!! :thumbsup: The trailer is just sitting there ....Glowing !!! :thumbsup: 8) :applause: :beer:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:45 pm

Hey Glenn,

Don't you wonder how the table (shaker bench) is being used?

We are sleeping outside tonight... It's real rough, but we are trying to figure out what we missed...

And here is how we used that shaker bench!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby GPW » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:52 pm

Oh !!!! That's just TOO COOL !!!!! I imagined you were putting that in your home ( it's that nice !), and you did say " a tiny shaker bench to put next to my bed." :roll: ... but seeing where you put it and what it's used for , that's even BETTER eh !!! :thumbsup: :applause: 8)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby dales133 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Looks awsum ive got nothing to add!
Everyone beat me to it.
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby capnTelescope » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:24 pm

:NC I was wondering. :It just seemed too tall to be useful in the Tear. :? 8)

Is it going there permanently?

:beer:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:02 pm

capnTelescope wrote::NC I was wondering. :It just seemed too tall to be useful in the Tear. :? 8)
:beer:

...Ditto. So, it's the base for the cabinets that you built! It looks like a permanent addition. ...Clever!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

The Mad Dash begins...

Postby Greg M » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:37 am

I just want to know why you're hacking the FBI database from your driveway.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby mikeschn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:08 am

Glenn! :thumbsup:

Capn, Yep, it's permanent!

Greg, Cool eh? Actually it's one of those Ben Affleck movies!

Anyways, it was a successful night in the Teardrop. It got a little cool with the fantastic fan running, so I turned that off, and it warmed up nicely in there. We need a little shelf or something for the eyeglasses and maybe some water. Also need some kind of a clock in there, cause I don't wear a watch any more. Other than that, I like it!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby GPW » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:10 am

Whilst traveling on trains , next to the bunk is a plastic pouch on the wall for eyeglasses ... That works fine and doesn’t stick out or get in the way ... just an idea :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 pm

GPW wrote:Whilst traveling on trains , next to the bunk is a plastic pouch on the wall for eyeglasses ... That works fine and doesn’t stick out or get in the way ... just an idea :thinking:

Glenn,

Something to think about for sure. Chell bought extra fabric this morning, it might work perfect for that!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Well, after 11 hours of sleep in the teardrop last night it was time to get back to work. :?

But first we had to do a trip to the Orange Box store for supplies...

and JoAnne Fabrics for materials for the curtains!

Then back home and the work started...

I poly'd the divider for the shaker bench, and also the 1/8" plywood wall that divides the galley from the hatch.

Redid the door handle to add a barrel bolt. Installed the roof vent (with caulking).

Everything else was about electrical. Chell is the electrician. But I do a lot of installing cable clamps, drilling holes, etc...

And then the rain came!

Here's the empty galley

Here's a view from the inside... I still need to put down a small board at the bottom where the light is shining in...

Oh, here's one I haven't shown you yet... As you know we have wheel wells, and it's kinda hard to fit the bed inbetween the wheel wells. So we put 2 layers of foam down on the floor, to raise it to the height of the wheel wells. Then we put the mattress on top of that! That worked out perfect! We didn't have to cut the mattress!!! :thumbsup:

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby GPW » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:05 am

:thumbsup: 8) :D Looking GOOD !!
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Well, I think we are heading down the home stretch this weekend. Hope to have it all finished by Sunday afternoon.

Did a lot of little stuff today, but not much to take pictures of.

We did camp in the driveway lastnight, and tested the petcool. It was a dismal failure. So today we dragged out an old AC that we had and modified it a bit. We tried it a bit in the hot humid afternoon, and it's working great... Also it rained, and the inside stayed nice and dry. We do have a little water running around the hatch hinge and getting into the galley. I'll have to eyeball that some more tomorrow.

Inside I managed to come up with a shelf for above our pillows and also installed a rope light!

Also finished some detail work on the doors, and got the curtains up, and got some weatherstripping on the doors.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby lrrowe » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Mike, you and I are thinking along the same lines for the AC installation. I too am coming in from the bottom. I hope to have my final results photos in a few days.
I wish I could have kept my duct chamber as simple as yours but I tend to be a little inclined to over engineer or over build. And I have both the in and out ducts in the same assy housing.

Is your rope lamp 12 or 120 volt. I suspect 120, but I have to ask. I like the idea.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies