Foamie Cargo Trailer Conversion?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Foamie Cargo Trailer Conversion?

Postby Gator417 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:32 pm

Does anybody know if this has been done?
I've been told "make me an offer" on a 6x12x5 (give or take) cargo trailer. It was hit pretty hard in the rear, port side, but it looks like the frame and axle are just fine. It has a nice 4" or 5" drop axle and stabilizers on all 4 corners as well as a lot of usable pieces and parts. However, besides the roof and side door, I will most likely have to scrap most of the body and start over in sweet, delicious foam. I've already got some great ideas for it up in my head unit, but I'm curious if there are some builds I can have a look at before I jump in to it.
Gator
Last edited by Gator417 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Aluminum skinning is to cover rotting prone crappy plywood"
linuxmanxxx
Gator417
Teardrop Builder

Re: Foamie Cargo Trailet Conversion?

Postby GPW » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:56 am

Gator, got any pictures ? Hard to tell without seeing the damage ... best be sure the frame is not affected , or it may tow "funny” ... Things like this require considerable thought before you start cutting away what maybe a valuable asset .... or not ...Lots of possibilities ...
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Re: Foamie Cargo Trailer Conversion?

Postby Gator417 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Yeah, I had a closer look at it and looks like both the frame and axle are bent. I can probably fix the frame myself, but I'm not so sure about the axle. I'll probably lowball him real bad & see if he takes it. Thanks for the input.
Gator
"Aluminum skinning is to cover rotting prone crappy plywood"
linuxmanxxx
Gator417
Teardrop Builder

Return to Foamies