Putting the Wife in the trailer … a Power question...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Putting the Wife in the trailer … a Power question...

Postby Socal Tom » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:11 am

GPW wrote:Well, the HF 2000i Generator arrived .. opened the box , read the book …all good so far ... :thumbsup:

I was looking at that myself. Looks like a good set up. Let us know how it works for you.
Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:53 am

Thanks Tom , we’re off shopping today for a proper extension cord , some oil , and maybe even some Food . I’ll get it all set up and make a full report as soon as we can connect it to the trailer AC …(that’s another story)
The directions were fairly clear about what was needed for maintenance . Nothing complicated .
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 am

Monday , the wife and I went to Harbor Freight, and home Depot , looking for a 25’ 10AWG extension cable . Neither had what we needed , both were a “Circus" on Labor Day . I should have known better but was directed to do so by the higher power. :R Ended up ordering everything online .
However we did have a 25% off coupon at HF and used that to get a nice HF jerrycan for generator gas . Filled it up ( and the truck) on the way home and added the stabilizer. We’d had lots of those red plastic gas cans , and they last a year and then split and leak … Thought we’d try one of these metal ones …
We also got a squeeze bulb siphon hose ( just in case) .
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies