Canonical HowTo, "Best of TNTTT" foamie threads?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Canonical HowTo, "Best of TNTTT" foamie threads?

Postby John61CT » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:04 pm

GPW wrote:The only definite thing we’ve proven about Foamies is there’s not just One way to build one … Many Choices … ( too many )
For Beginners I’d suggest pick a trailer style you like , and then ask a lot of questions … many Good people are just waiting here to be Helpful … ;) 8)
The design / layout choices and chassis - frame structural issues are common to all build materials and methods.

What I'm motivated by here are the PMF methodologies specifically, independent of the above.

Of course there are some variations, disagreements between experts, and those can be explicated without rancour, lay out pro & con opinions let the noob builder choose from themselves.

And of course lots of questions will need dealing with for each new build thread.

But for complete newcomers to the whole concept, IMO there should be canonical reference materials to grok how it's done, without investing in dozens of hours parsing 50 threads in a random walk through the forum.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Canonical HowTo,

Postby GPW » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 am

“ IMO there should be canonical reference materials to grok how it's done, without investing in dozens of hours parsing 50 threads in a random walk through the forum.”

John you’re most Welcome to do it !!! You write it , they will read it !!! :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Don L. » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:09 am

I thought me&z gave a pretty good post answering the original post's request which was to offer a summary of what works best and some pros and cons.

John61CT I'm confused as to what you are asking. It seems like a broad request for the best foamy information?
Link to my foamie camper build viewtopic.php?f=55&t=67321
instagram #don_leister_violin.rva
Don L.
Teardrop Master

Postby John61CT » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:24 am

Maybe if I get inspired I will drive such a project, one day.

But I'm a noob, so only as editor / interviewer / info gatherer / IT guy.

Meantime hoping someone else gets inspired to start.

Baby steps in the right direction. . .
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby John61CT » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:27 am

Good sub-discussion in The Original Thread

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?p=1236014#p1236014

Mean no offense in my suggestion, of course all the pioneers should carry on as they see fit.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:23 pm

No worries , we’re all here to have Fun building camper trailers , and for not much a demand of skill, tools , or Money ... :thumbsup: It’s always been a rule around here, if you want to know something you can Read about it yourself , or just ask , there are many well experienced Foamlings awaiting to give their learned opinions and advise … ;) 8)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies