How do I get rid of these bumps come from?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

How do I get rid of these bumps come from?

Postby Outoforder » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 am

So Where do these bumps come from? It's flat at night when I finish but I come back and they've appeared

How do I get rid of them Image

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Outoforder
Teardrop Inspector

Re: How do I get rid of these bumps come from?

Postby Pmullen503 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:58 am

Those are places where the fabric has pulled away from the foam. If you used TB glue you can reactivate the glue with heat. Take a hot iron and press down the bubbles USING A DAMP/WET CLOTH under the iron. The water makes stream, limiting the temperature the foam will see. So if the press cloth dries out the temperature can shoot up.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: How do I get rid of these bumps come from?

Postby ghcoe » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:56 am

Yes it is a form of delamination. From the looks of it, I would guess, you preshrunk the canvas before applying?

Being that you have not painted over it yet I would mix some TBII 50/50. Apply the 50/50 mix real heavy over the area and then roll it out with a paint roller. Roll it real good going different directions and overlap where you still have good canvas bond. The canvas should be porous enough for the glue to work it's way to the foam.

If you had already painted over it I use a syringe and inject 50/50 TBII mix between canvas and the foam. First I poke a hole on the opposite side of the delaminated area. I inject glue till it comes out the other hole and then take a roller and roll out in all directions. Forcing glue into the entire void.

Good luck.
George.

Gorrilla Glue, Great Stuff and Gripper. The three G's of foamie construction.

My build viewtopic.php?t=54099
Working with flashing for foamie construction viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60303
Making a hot wire http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55323
ghcoe
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Foamies