WIFI

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

I look for a campground that offers WIFI

Poll ended at Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:15 pm

I look for a c/g that has plug in internet
23%
What is WIFI
9%
Why bother
46%
IBM
14%
Apple
9%

Total votes : 35

Postby Gage » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:04 pm

News Flash:

Mr. BnTRanch PM'd me again and told me what he was after. And here it is:
"I was looking for one type of post , intellegnt"

I noticed in that statement that he also needs help with his spelling. Not to intelligent :lol:

He's going to wish he never PM'd me (twice). :yes:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:06 pm

Gage,
Gotta question for you... Somewhat related to the pole here, except having to do with sattlelite TV instead of WIFI.
I'm getting ready to switch from cable TV to Direct TV... one of the benefits, being able to take the dish with me when camping.
The way I see it, during NASCAR season, I won't have to get home early Sunday morning from camping to catch a race... Meaning longer camping trips and no missed races.
What's your thoughts on that???
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby PaulC » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:20 pm

Gage wrote:News Flash:

Mr. BnTRanch PM'd me again and told me what he was after. And here it is:
"I was looking for one type of post , intellegnt"

I noticed in that statement that he also needs help with his spelling. Not to intelligent :lol:

He's going to wish he never PM'd me (twice). :yes:

If that's what he's looking for, he's on the wrong forum :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:21 pm

I have no interest in WIFI mainly because camping is an escape from the daily grind, a way of isolation from our complex lives, I don't even listen to the news. If you need all that stuff why go away from it only to drag it with you sounds like a defeating exercise. We quietly listen to calm music or watch a light hearted movie but that's it. When we go camping in Yosemite in the summer we will on occasion get our chairs and sit in the stream and take in nature. I also agree with Gage and the others. :)Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Gage » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:23 pm

Aw, why not hijack this thread. It's not going in a good direction with the original subject. As you know, my teardrop is set up with SAT TV, mainly for the same reason that you mentioned. I've only used it once. Took me better than a half hour to find the sattlelite. Nope, I wasn't going to do that again. But I know that Dennis (in lawndale) has a SAT setup in his teardrop (also his Kenskill) and it only takes him a couple of minutes to find the sattlelite. I think he had Direct where I have Dish. I just move the receiver from my office to the teardrop. If I had it to do over again, I would. Some day I'll find an easy way to locate the sattlelite high in the sky. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:26 pm

Wow!
And here I was threatening to not put in power or a TV. :oops: I feel like a bad wife now. (not)

I just don't see the difference in taking a puter and a TV. It just aint natural. :lol: 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby asianflava » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:34 pm

I certainly don't look for WiFi but if it is there, I'll use it. I don't know how you guys consider being on the computer "Work" I get on the computer to relax. If it is with me camping, then that is even better. What do I use it for when I bring the computer camping.

Checking e-mail and talking to my friends
Posting on this board
Downloading/uploading the pictures I just took
Playing video games
Buying/Researching my current or future obsession (hobby)
Looking up local events/places
Planning our route

Unless you are like Arne and have to constantly monitor things then I don't consider being on the computer work. It's not like I'm typing research papers or making Excel sheets, that's what the wife will be doing with the laptop when we camp.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:46 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Wow!
And here I was threatening to not put in power or a TV. :oops: I feel like a bad wife now. (not)

I just don't see the difference in taking a puter and a TV. It just aint natural. :lol: 8)

Here is his original post:
WIFI is important to me. At least in having contact and information available to me when I need/ want it. Both for work and hobby, stocks, news, weather, and Family. and especially FAMILY javascript:emoticon('')
('')
Thumbs Up
He wants and needs it for work, (yuck),hobby, stocks (yuck), news (yuck). Music is soothing and so is a light hearted movie. This is only occasionally and not the norm for us. So there is a huge difference the way I see it. Making power and TV might be nice if it constantly rains like it did for us last Memorial Day weekend at the Spring Fling. We watched a movie when we retired for the evening. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:47 pm

Rocky,
We had fun at Lee's Mendocino Gathering logging on to the T&TTT Forum.
No chance of being able to do that in the redwoods though...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Hey Dean, Sat TV and WIFI are not the same, I myself don't think I would use either. You could get Sat TV while boondocking, but WIFI no way. I don't think either are worth the weight penalty. This is my opinion. Thats what Lee didn't understand, if you ask for an opinion, why get your back-up when you get an answer. JIm G :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:30 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:No chance of being able to do that in the redwoods though...

I didn't even get one bar.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:39 pm

halfdome, Danny wrote:
Miriam C. wrote:Wow!

Here is his original post:
WIFI is important to me. At least in having contact and information available to me when I need/ want it. Both for work and hobby, stocks, news, weather, and Family. and especially FAMILY javascript:emoticon('')
('')
Thumbs Up
He wants and needs it for work, (yuck),hobby, stocks (yuck), news (yuck). Music is soothing and so is a light hearted movie. This is only occasionally and not the norm for us. So there is a huge difference the way I see it. Making power and TV might be nice if it constantly rains like it did for us last Memorial Day weekend at the Spring Fling. We watched a movie when we retired for the evening. :) Danny

Well I guess if we get picky my books are as unnatural as tv. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now, DaveL has his picture takin stuff on his puter and I can see the usefulness of that.

Perhaps it's more about personal preferences. I know the OK football group had a rousing good time. :thumbsup: :lol: Almost
Last edited by Miriam C. on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Gage » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:55 pm

Adding more:
I don't miss or use the TV portion of my system. Only have it so when I finished my tear, I couldn't say to myself, "Wish I had provided for a TV". I don't do books so when we turn in, Tanya reads for up to an hour and I watch a DVD. It'll take me up to 3 days to see a complete movie. :? Oh, and I may take a Laptop to Minden with me to download photos from the camara. Going to be out for 5 weeks and hit two gatherings. But then again maybe I'll just get a larger simCard. That would be cheaper.
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:03 pm

Simcards are easy to loose. 8) They are tiny. :lol: A laptop on a 5 week trip might be a necessity. How will you keep up with us. You might miss all the important stuff.
:lol:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Gage » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:37 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Simcards are easy to loose. 8) They are tiny. :lol: A laptop on a 5 week trip might be a necessity. How will you keep up with us. You might miss all the important stuff.
:lol:

Naw, I won't miss the board. Like that, I'm going to be on vacation. But I wonder how long it will take before someone asks:
Has any one seen or heard from Gage? He hasn't posted in a couple of weeks now. :lol: Besides Miriam, we'll see each other at Minden. I'll be the one with a big sign on my tear so every one will know where I'm located so they can stay away or come and say hi and have a coke.
:thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls