Smoking.

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Do you smoke?

Yeah, what's it to you? (blowing smoke in their face.)
1%
Yes I do. (blowing smoke up in the air.)
10%
Yes I do. I'll put it out if it bothers you.
9%
Yes I do, but not when we gather like this, unless I ask first.
2%
No, but don't mind if you do.
11%
No, but don't mind if you do. Please stay downwind of me.
30%
No and I don't want to smell that stinch. (cough, cough)
35%

Total votes : 141

Smoking.

Postby Dooner » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:44 am

Not trying to step on anyone's feet here. Just curious about how people act around other people while camping together.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I don't smoke. Tried it in high school, didn't care for and that was the end.
Last edited by Dooner on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dooner.
Image Image

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT!
Dooner
Gold Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:52 am

yes, I smoke and I do try to be conscientious about where I am blowing smoke(no peanut gallery comments please)...I also field strip the butts and put 'em in my pocket or fire or trash or ??? so as not to litter the ground with 'em........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Nitetimes » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:07 am

Yep, I do too. I'm pretty much the same as Jack. I try to be considerate of the people around me and keep the butts of the ground for the most part.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Gage » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:36 am

I smoke and for the most part I'm considerate of those who don't, as long as they are considerate of me. I don't like rudeness and if it is shown (mainly by those who used to smoke), stand by. I don't smoke indoors or in my car. I also don't smoke while waiting in a line. Like Madjack, the cigarette butts go into the pocket until there is a trash can or fire pit around.

So how's your teardrop coming Dooner?
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Joseph » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:14 am

Pipe & the occasional cigar.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby angib » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:43 am

As an ex-smoker, I guiltily admit to enjoying a bit of passive smoking - cycling past a guy smoking this morning, I managed to breathe in just at the right time.....

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby JunkMan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:31 am

My parents, my Ex, and my office staff all smoked, so I was used to being around it most of my life, and didn't notice the smell.

Over the years they have all quit. Odie and 4 out of 5 of our kids don't smoke, so I'm pretty much in a smoke free enviroment now. It's amazing much you notice the smoke smell when you are not around it anymore :? I can usually tell if someone that comes into my office is a smoker, because they reek of smoke. We avoid bars and restraunts that allow smoking, because we can't stand the smell.

I really apreciate smokers that are curteous to non smokers. I understand that need to smoke, and appreciate when they understand that I can't deal with it in my face.

Although I've never been a smoker (I did try it when I was younger, but it never did anything for me), I agree with Andrew, once in a while, a whiff of a cigarette smells good, it's that stale ashtray smell that I can't stand.

My grandfather used to smoke a pipe, and when I smell a certain type of pipe smoke, it brings back some great emories.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:27 am

angib wrote:As an ex-smoker, I guiltily admit to enjoying a bit of passive smoking - cycling past a guy smoking this morning, I managed to breathe in just at the right time.....

Andrew

Ah, a true addict. DITTO for me. As long as it isn't too close. A little guilty pleasure. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby kajamelu4 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:43 am

I don't smoke, and never have. It is my choice. If you smoke, that is your choice. And please don't be offended if I move upwind of you. I'm not freaking out because of second-hand smoke, I just don't like the smell of cigarettes.

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby angib » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:37 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Ah, a true addict.

I think an awful lot of the anti-smoking attitudes have to do with ex-smokers who feel the need to demonise smoking in order to protect themselves from giving in. Ex-alcoholics seem to be much better at admitting that they would like to do it again, but mustn't.

On a lighter note, like my occasional whiff of someone else's smoke, I know an ex-alcoholic who admits that he gets a guilty pleasure from the smell of the winter screenwash in his car.....

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby SmokeyBob » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:08 pm

Been smoking for about 10 years. I have noticed people getting upwind when I do it. Then they get in line.

:lol: ;)
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Et Cetera » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:23 pm

I don't smoke. Can't stand the smell. Ugh.
It also smells up the air outside (no matter which way the wind blows, someone's going to be downwind and breathe it) and ruins the whole camping experience and the idea of being out in the fresh air.
:?

When people ask why I can afford to have toys like cars, trailers, collectibles, etc. I tell them it's my alcohol, cigarette and gambling money. When you don't indulge in those things, you have money available to budget for other (healthier) pleasures.
~Teri
Et Cetera
Teardrop Master

Postby Dooner » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 pm

Gage wrote:
So how's your teardrop coming Dooner?

Well Gage, I've made my first step and this past christmas I purchased my choice of trailers. I bought the TS 4x8 no floor. I felt that with what I've learned from all you great people, that was the perfect trailer for me. I'm not a real camper and never really have been, though I camped out at the lake some when I was a boy. My thoughts are to build a small TD from the GenBen plans so my two boys (7 and 3) and I can do a little bonding before it is too late. Time seems to be just flying by these days.
So that's about as far as I am now. But when it warms up a little here in Texas, I will get started and go gunho.
And yes MJ, I'll remember da pics.
Dooner.
Image Image

Dooner
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dooner » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:06 pm

SmokeyBob wrote:Been smoking for about 10 years. I have noticed people getting upwind when I do it. Then they get in line.

:lol: ;)

If you been smokin that thing for 10 years and it still isn't done, I'd make a hotter fire. But it does sure look good. Call me when it is done.

If you do that when you camp, we need to know your schedule and route so we can show up at just the right time. DINNER TIME.
Dooner.
Image Image

Dooner
Gold Donating Member

Postby Joseph » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:18 pm

Et Cetera wrote:I don't smoke. Can't stand the smell. Ugh.
It also smells up the air outside (no matter which way the wind blows, someone's going to be downwind and breathe it) and ruins the whole camping experience and the idea of being out in the fresh air.

So then ya go build a campfire... :lol:

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Next

Return to User Polls