Single Teardroppers, Do you...

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Single Teardroppers, Do you....

Still Use the entire inside for the bed
88%
Use a single bed, and use the other half for useful permanent storage
12%

Total votes : 49

Single Teardroppers, Do you...

Postby clkelley564 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:57 pm

Do you still use the entire interior for the bed, or do some of you put in a twin mattress and use the other half for maybe drawers, a clothesrod, seating area??
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:21 pm

I wish I would have had one of these when I was single. It would have definitely had a queen size mattress in it!!!! :lol: :lol: Boy the money that could have saved.

If I were again I'd still have it all mattress, still need room for unexpected over night guests!! ;) ;) ;) ;) :D
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby mightypan42 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Mine's going to be 4' wide, so it'll be all mattress inside.
Jimmy
mightypan42
Teardrop Advisor

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:48 pm

I'm single (divorced) but my first trip was to LCG and I was dating at the time and he went with me. So I'm glad I had a queen size foam mattress. My TD is 5 wide, I'm glad I went ahead with that.

But the foam mattress thing I'm using , it came from a neighbors RV and is the seat and back cushion thing from the little "sofa" so it is "hinged" long ways down the middle. It would be good to fold it in half, if possible for when traveling, so I could store some things inside and not get dirt/debris on top of the bed.

I've had other questions about single folks camping, but that's for another poll.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby wolfix » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:42 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:I'm single (divorced) but my first trip was to LCG and I was dating at the time and he went with me. So I'm glad I had a queen size foam mattress. My TD is 5 wide, I'm glad I went ahead with that.

But the foam mattress thing I'm using , it came from a neighbors RV and is the seat and back cushion thing from the little "sofa" so it is "hinged" long ways down the middle. It would be good to fold it in half, if possible for when traveling, so I could store some things inside and not get dirt/debris on top of the bed.

I've had other questions about single folks camping, but that's for another poll.

Julie

I too am divorced and single...... I like the bigger mattress idea.....At this point I am so undecided on what I want in a tear drop..... This summer I am using a cargo trailer conversion because the few events I go to I have to haul some items......
With the cargo conversion all I want is a bed and a table..... microwave and a stereo...... No galley.

My daughter who is living in Copenhagen gave me an idea last time she was here..... She suggested that I buy one of those sofabed a smaller one, then put it in the trailer. Then have a removable table that can be put aside when the convertible bed folds out...... A mini living room with room to sit up......Then a comfy bed at night.....
"I am the guy our parents warned us about."
wolfix
Teardrop Master

Postby Hamcan » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:26 pm

I am single [divorced a long time ago] and built my tear with just a single bed, 30" wide, raised 10" off the floor, storage under.
I travel with my dog pal Ralphie but he sleeps in the truck since he is a Jack Russell and sheds 24/7

JG
Hamcan
Silver Donating Member

Postby Podunkfla » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:53 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:I'm single (divorced) but my first trip was to LCG and I was dating at the time and he went with me. So I'm glad I had a queen size foam mattress. My TD is 5 wide, I'm glad I went ahead with that.
Julie

Shoot... Mine is too little as it is even for me at 4' wide. That's why I'm gonna build another one with a queen size bed...
Of course, I can take up that whole thing too if I'm sleeping alone. :o

Another poll huh? :thinking:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

single

Postby Aaron Coffee » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:00 am

I am single. My TD has wall to wall bed, but usually pile my clothes on one side.
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Heck All

Postby Guy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:00 pm

Dear All you Singles,

Jeez, guys and gals. I am a single too but I have both, a fold down queen, just in case life holds some pleasant future events. HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby len19070 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:29 pm

I have a 48" wide Teardrop. 75% of the time I'm by myself in the Tear, and the other 25% when my wife goes with me, she sleeps in the tear and I sleep outside.

So The Tear is almost always occupied by one person. I usually keep my Gym bag Suitcase down on one side at my feet. I have a closet that it will fit into, but its just more accessible, and its out of the way on the bed.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nic » Wed May 30, 2007 10:29 pm

I am single. Thank GAWD!!!!! I do take up the entire bed when its made into a bed. In the day i have my seating set up with a table. Sometimes 1/2 of my drop floor is made for seating so that 1/2 of the bed is made to lay and watch TV and the other (the door side) still has seating and a floorboard.
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby Arne » Thu May 31, 2007 7:59 am

I like a queen sized bed, so will go with that even alone. I like to spread out..

Also, I'm not sure I need any additional space. The design is pretty good as is, so will leave it that way..... and I want a 5' wide anyway... even if just for selling it later on... the added expense is less than 200 dollars, I have the queen mattress, so that's it.... just plain more comfortable.

Oh, the dog crawls up sometimes, so she also thinks queen is the way to go..

And you may be single now, but if it is your desire, you may want a bigger bed in the future (wink)..
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Hamcan » Thu May 31, 2007 2:47 pm

I am single [divorced a long time ago] and built my tear with just a single bed, 30" wide, raised 10" off the floor, storage under.
I travel with my dog pal Ralphie but he sleeps in the truck since he is a Jack Russell and sheds 24/7

JG

I wrote the above back on Jan. 31 then Guy wrote:

Dear All you Singles,

Jeez, guys and gals. I am a single too but I have both, a fold down queen, just in case life holds some pleasant future events. HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!

Well Guy funny thing is about a day after I submitted my post I met a very nice woman who has lived only a couple of kilometers from me for 20 years. Neither of us had ever given the other a second look, however, mutual freinds hooked us up and we started out pretty slowly but as time has gone by we have become very close. I would definitely consider our relationship a pleasant event and a completely unexpected pleasant event. So you are right about hope, however I had not given much thot to ever having another partner so now my 4' tear with the single bed is not adequate for the circumstances. I am converting to a double but at 46" it will be a tight fit, good thing we are both quite slim and like one another a lot. ;) But as time passes and the new wears down a little maybe a 5 footer will have to be built.

Perhaps there will be another 4' x 8' tear for sale on the board.

Regards JG
Hamcan
Silver Donating Member

Postby ob1canola » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:51 pm

i have a queen size on the first floor and if I have an unexpected guest
there is a king size on the second floor.. :R
ob1canola
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Joanne » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:40 am

I build wide for a couple of reasons: I had a wide axle to start with, friends often come camping with me, I have dogs, and it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

Now I'm starting to consider a light 4x8 for solo camping/traveling.

Can't have too many tears now can we?

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Next

Return to User Polls