Ketchup or Mustard on a Hot Dog

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Ketchup or Mustard on a Hot Dog?

Ketchup
10%
Mustard
51%
Both
27%
Other
13%

Total votes : 146

Postby Classic Finn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:25 pm

mikeschn wrote:Sehr gut Finn! :lol:

Mike...

Ahhh Danke... Das ist gute... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Kevin A » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 pm

doug hodder wrote:Kevin...don't you remember what Dirty Harry said about ketchup on a hot dog?

Yup, it was that exact quote that inspired this poll.
"Nobody, but Nobody puts mustard on a hot dog"
;) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:28 pm

Outlaw wrote:My favorite?

Nathan's hot dogs are the only choice for me when I'm doing some serious hot dog munchin'.

Nathan's or Max's (Long Branch, NJ) are the best Dogs I've ever tasted.

Like Joseph said Hebrew Nationals are great dogs too. These three are my favorites.

Our local grocery sold Nathan's (natural casings and skinless) for a while. I love the natural casing dogs the best, but as usual, they were not popular here and are no longer available. :( :cry:

I order them on line now. They are a little more $ to import but , I think, the cost justifies the better taste. :) :Flippin Burger:

Out east (NY, PA, NJ) - (yellow) Mustard is the only way to go. I've lived in Indiana for the past 30 years and I can truthfully say that Hoosiers don't know a "Good" hot dog or how to "dress" it. :x

This does not include Chicago. The Vienna beef dogs "chicago style" are hard to beat.
:thumbsup:
One of my Hoosier work mates was freaked :shock: out when I told him that mustard was developed to disguise the taste of spoiled meat. He never used it anyway, but he will never consider it now.

Johnsonville Brats with mustard are good also.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:43 pm

Kurt
Johnsonville Brats should be left completely alone to enjoy the flavor. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:59 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Kurt
Johnsonville Brats should be left completely alone to enjoy the flavor. :thumbsup:

That is so true. They are good all by themselves. :applause:

If you really like hot dogs, this will help you find some good ones.
http://www.hollyeats.com/HotDogPage.htm

I'd love to go on a Teardrop "Hot Dog" tour around the USA. :thumbsup:

So many things to do and so little time. :cry:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:05 pm

Kurt (Indiana) wrote: One of my Hoosier work mates was freaked :shock: out when I told him that mustard was developed to disguise the taste of spoiled meat. He never used it anyway, but he will never consider it now.

I've heard the same story, but they were talking about Mayo.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:55 am

asianflava wrote:
Kurt (Indiana) wrote: One of my Hoosier work mates was freaked :shock: out when I told him that mustard was developed to disguise the taste of spoiled meat. He never used it anyway, but he will never consider it now.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that most condiments were used for the same reason. Some became popular and were part of the taste associated with regional foods.

Mustard is useful in other ways too. :thumbsup:

German lore advises a bride to sew mustard seeds into the hem of her wedding dress to assure her dominance of the household.

In Denmark and India, it's thought that spreading mustard seeds around the exterior of the home will keep out evil spirits. The Danes also had an interesting "cure" for a woman's frigidity which involved a potion made of mustard seeds mixed with ginger and spearmint.

Where's my grinder :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:15 am

Kurt, you better get a big grinder. If it works, you could probably sell that stuff by the ton.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:27 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:
asianflava wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to find that most condiments were used for the same reason. Some became popular and were part of the taste associated with regional foods.

German lore advises a bride to sew mustard seeds into the hem of her wedding dress to assure her dominance of the household.

In Denmark and India, it's thought that spreading mustard seeds around the exterior of the home will keep out evil spirits. The Danes also had an interesting "cure" for a woman's frigidity which involved a potion made of mustard seeds mixed with ginger and spearmint.

:lol: :lol: leme see, you cure what???And insure dominance. :lol: Well if you put the two together it might just work. :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:13 am

Miriam C. wrote:
Kurt (Indiana) wrote:
asianflava wrote:

:lol: :lol: leme see, you cure what???And insure dominance. :lol: Well if you put the two together it might just work. :lol:

Yup, went from hot dogs to horny dominent women and the men who desire them. I like where this is going :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby mightypan42 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:31 pm

Usually chili and cheese here. Next time I go camping, I'm going take take a few different hot sauces and do some experimenting.
Jimmy
mightypan42
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:33 pm

mightypan42 wrote:Usually chili and cheese here. Next time I go camping, I'm going take take a few different hot sauces and do some experimenting.

Jimmy. Thanks for "rescuing" this thread. :thumbsup: :applause: :lol:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby mightypan42 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:15 am

I do what I can :thumbsup:
Jimmy
mightypan42
Teardrop Advisor

Postby NoNeck » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:46 pm

:o Well i know its been a while since anyone posted but its hot outside and only got one day off this week. I like mine in this order. Mustard first, then chili or cheese or both and then ketchup on top!! :thumbsup: MIRACLE WHIP is for salad and bologna. Ranch is for salads and tuna (try it). Mayonaise is also for salad and any type of toasted sandwhich. Ketchup is for fries onion rings and hot dogs. Mustard is for hotdogs and hamburgers. Dont ruin a johnsonville by using anything! :shock: :R
Now i'm starving!!! :cry:
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
NoNeck
Teardrop Advisor

Postby benzu » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:10 pm

I just recently changed from ketchup to mustard and glad that I did. Makes the taste of any type of hotdog or brat better tasting. I will never go back.

Mike
benzu
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls