Tear Drop Names

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

When did you name yor Tear or TTT

Before I started the build
26%
While I was building
26%
After the build was complete
13%
Haven't named it but plan to
25%
Don't plan to name it
11%

Total votes : 212

Postby bobhenry » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:50 pm

If I can figure out how to import a picture into this message you will know why he's Eggbert, If I can't you'll have to look in my album
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:53 pm

Go into your album and open the picture. Copy the address in the line and then paste it between the

Now I have to ask do you sleep in that thing :lol: :lol:
Very fitting name
Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:57 pm

Thanks Scott I'll get the hang of it soon I'm slow but trainable

P.S. nice to meet a fellow hoosier who has an appreciation for The Red Green show. I miss it.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:01 pm

Had a boss named Charlie Beall Charlie had an old van named otto, Otto had a placque on his dash with his full name, His middle name was Moe.
You got it Otto Moe Beall :lol:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:11 pm

Do You Sleep in it ? come on now!

We have a 14' Ritz travel trailer set at a campground about an hour from home and We really hate burning a beautiful day when we could be out on the bike so We'll hitch eggbert to the Goldwing and haul down an arm load of firewood and a cooler or two with food and barley pops Ah yes the best of both worlds. :D [/img]
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby SteveH » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:15 pm

I'm one of the people who is not planning on naming my teardrop. I figure if nothing clever and distingtive has come to me in two years, other than "teardrop", it's not gonna. :lol:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby surveytech » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:26 pm

"Shaggin Waggin".........
the name kept me motivated.
surveytech
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:13 pm

bobhenry wrote:P.S. nice to meet a fellow hoosier who has an appreciation for The Red Green show. I miss it.

It was on Saturday noght for a while don't no anymore I don't stay up that late much. Twin 2 year olds can wear you out :lol: :lol:

Steve you never know someone else will probably name it for you one day I didn't come up with mine someone at work did and it stuck so I'm building it around the name.

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Juneaudave » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:50 pm

I'm still building but have been calling it the SlumberMAX SO for a couple of reasons. I started with Andrew's Wesley Slumbercoach design ( a beautiful profile to my eye...I was inspired by Len's work) but the proportions just weren't right behind the tall, boxy Honda Element tow vehicle. Then I added some height (with a fairing stick) to gain a full 46 inch floor to ceiling clearance, and added some length to bring it out to 10 foot...mocked it up...then lowered the skirts because my axle sits to high due to my stupidity in ordering the custom Dexter axle in the first place.

I was feeling great, but I can't leave it alone. To make matters worse, I fit some homemade fenders on the profile...decided they didn't look in proportion...so I ordered some fiberglass fenders from Grant(which looked right), matched them to the homemade ones and saw that with some easy modifications, I was ok all along with my homemade ones(mind you that Andrew had gratiously made the profile of the fenders at my request and they would have been right, had I stuck with his drawings). I had modified the fender profile earlier...once again...for no other reason than because I could.

Still gets worse...borrowing from ideas I've seen on the board (and the Generic Benroy plans, Steve Fredrick's CD, and Kuffle Creek) I've ginned up a building method that doesn't follow any of them and is guaranteed to double the amount of work involved in building this thing.

I got to tell you...at this point...I'm flying by the seat of my pants....I'm about ready to locate the doors...geez...I hope I get that right first time around.

Anyway, SlumberMAX SO stands for Oversized Wesley Slumbercoach, Sort of!!!@!$%&^&%#^&*

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:30 pm

PLanning and building go hand in hand when it comes to teardrops. Part of the planning is the name that will accompany the trailer and become part of the experience.

I didn't plan a name as I was building but I had some ideas along the way.
As I entered more discussion forums, I began to see what had already been used and settled on the final name for my tear.

The term "Motel 6" could have many variations for the teardrop. "Motel 2" was a natural but it was already being used by a builder in CA. That set me back a while and then I thought of another "spin off" of the Motel 6 theme.
I finally decided to use "Motel 4-2" (motel for two) for my teardrop. After all 4 and 2 equals 6 doesn't it?

I had some decals made and applied. I also added the term "Blues Traveler" and My city name to my name tag. The one great experience of my life is the Blues festivals that I attend each year.

The Motel theme has many accessories that can use the "we'll leave the light on" slogan, however, I made a small sign the shows "vacancy" or "no vacancy" depending on my mood. :thinking:

This all seems to fit my teardrop and seems (at least for now) to be unique.

This is my story and I'm stickin'to it. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

name

Postby sHoootR » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:22 am

Had to go with Road Runner ,it just seemed to fit............
Now if it would just WARM up so I can get it FINISHED..............
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

Postby sems » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:25 pm

We haven't started building yet, but have kicked around a couple of names. One of the reasons we're building a tear is so we can take our dog with us everywhere and not have to deal with hotels--where he's frequently not allowed anyhow or where there are fleas!! :thumbdown:
Boxers have little nubbins instead of tails and under certain circumstances they clamp that nubbin down like the hatch of a teardrop. So we're thinking about The Silver Nubbin for one. We considered Nubbin Toter too(like Yoder Toter :D )
I also very much like the name Wander Pup, but that's the name of a classic TTT, which we are not building, and I didn't want to confuse things.
This is a fun thread--I like reading how others came up with the names.
Susan, David, Buster Brown the hiking fiend, & his sidekick, Happy Gilmore
2007 Pleasant Valley Teardrop
sems
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sems » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Forgot to say, you don't have to be a Hoosier to love The Red Green Show. ;)
Susan, David, Buster Brown the hiking fiend, & his sidekick, Happy Gilmore
2007 Pleasant Valley Teardrop
sems
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:30 pm

:( :cry: My baby doesn't have a name. It barely has a roof. :cry:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Jst83 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:32 pm

Sems I like The Silver Nubbin, very catchy. And yes the Red Green show is for anybody that has every built something from nothing. :lol: :lol:

:( Sorry Miriam, I really can't say much either I don't have a hatch or doors. But I did get my A/C door to work after the 3rd build, I mounted it tonight :sneakers:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls