Tear Drop Names

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

When did you name yor Tear or TTT

Before I started the build
26%
While I was building
26%
After the build was complete
13%
Haven't named it but plan to
25%
Don't plan to name it
11%

Total votes : 212

Tear Drop Names

Postby Jst83 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:16 pm

I was wondering what every-one's names were for there Teardrop or TTT and how you came up with the name? I figured this would be the best place to find out.

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gambam » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:28 pm

Mine will be used mainly for tailgating Ohio University Bobcat games - so mine will be called "the Cathouse"
Gambam
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Thanks Gambam I like it :thumbsup:

Mine will be the Rolling Stone. We came up with it a few months before I even started building. My plans are to paint it textured to look like a giant rock sort of a bedrock Teardrop.
Hay if you can't have fun with it then what's the point. :lol: :lol:

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby JunkMan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:14 pm

Actually Odie will probably name it. She names most of our vehicles, I just call them obvoius things such as "Old Blue" for my beat up old blue pick-up.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby Hamcan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:13 am

A friend of mine referred to my Tear project as an "Ipod" when she first saw it, another friend said you can't use a registered tradename so it became "Mypod".
Haven't put the name on it yet 'cause I am thinking of painting it to reduce maintenance, keeping alum. looking good is a PITA.
Maybe put a sticker inside saying Mypod Teardrop Manufacturing Inc. Serial no. 000001

:) JG
Hamcan
Silver Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:35 am

My wife calls it the dog house. I'm not sure if that's what it looks like or where I'll be sleeping when I'm in trouble. :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:04 am

...being from Louisiana, "Alligator Tear" just seemed appropriate................................ 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby doug hodder » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:11 am

Scott...good poll question...some people don't name their tears, some do. I try to come up with a good name and build a trailer/ or theme around it. I wanted something more vintage and typical of a trailer from the 50's so came up with the Road Titan, and attempted to use some good looking vintage graphics for the name, a spin off on the Spartan trailer series...I also settled on the name Rocketear, while up at the IRG with help from a group of people, and hopefully I'll have a theme built around the name. If you check out some of the vintage RV books and magazines there are some great names out there that evoked travel, power, elegance, etc.....I think it's something that makes it fun....can you imagine looking at Ira's and not thinking of it being called the Crab, or Chips Pickle Inn, Jacks Alligator, or yet to be....Deans Chieftain? sorry If I left others out...Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby caseydog » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:14 am

Hamcan wrote:A friend of mine referred to my Tear project as an "Ipod" when she first saw it, another friend said you can't use a registered tradename so it became "Mypod".
Haven't put the name on it yet 'cause I am thinking of painting it to reduce maintenance, keeping alum. looking good is a PITA.
Maybe put a sticker inside saying Mypod Teardrop Manufacturing Inc. Serial no. 000001

You could get away with iPod. You can't use a registered trademark commercially, but I doubt Apple is going to waste it's time suing some guy who names his camper after one of their trademarks. Even if they were that vindictive, they would have to demonstrate harm, which would be pretty hard.

I do like myPod, though.

PM me if you want the 'myPod" name done up like the iPod logo in a file that you can have cut in vinyl. I do stuff like that on most of my toys. I made a new "ZeaDoo" logo form my SeaDoo that looked like the real logo, and a Ziata logo for my Miata that also looked like the Miata logo. (my name beigins with "Z", if you couldn't guess).

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:20 am

caseydog wrote:
Hamcan wrote:A friend of mine referred to my Tear project as an "Ipod" when she first saw it, another friend said you can't use a registered tradename so it became "Mypod".

You could get away with iPod. You can't use a registered trademark commercially, but I doubt Apple is going to waste it's time suing some guy who names his camper after one of their trademarks. Even if they were that vindictive, they would have to demonstrate harm, which would be pretty hard.

I do like myPod, though.

PM me if you want the 'myPod" name done up like the iPod logo in a file that you can have cut in vinyl. I do stuff like that on most of my toys. I made a new "ZeaDoo" logo form my SeaDoo that looked like the real logo, and a Ziata logo for my Miata that also looked like the Miata logo. (my name beigins with "Z", if you couldn't guess).

CD

What about "MiPod"? :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:20 am

Before I even got my trailer frame welded, I was already calling my future TD the BREDBOX.... that's what I would try to get for a vanity plate.... I picked that because of the size and all , and mostly because I collect gingerbread boys/ girls/houses... already figured too, that I would paint "run , run as fast as you can't... you can't catch me..." on the back side ... hahha
but then how would that sugary sweet gingerbread cookie theme work with the outdoors? Maybe paint a little Hansel & Gretel cookie house somewhere on it... hmmm
Then went to Beavers Bend last year, and Cindy (the Bluebonnet Tear) we were talking about her paint job etc...
Coming home, It came to me !!! A better theme is the Oklahoma Jewel Box !!! a little bling, bling.... some shiny silver and I've got those drawer knobs that look like glass (diamonds!) and since my name is Julie, my id and email addresses are "jewel" and I like it when folks call me Jules....
what better theme !!!
I was going to paint it a gold and silver type paint, but couldn't find what I wanted so I went back to a cream and dark red.... er, uh ... Crimson & Cream ...> GO SOONERS !!!!!! (Univ of Oklahoma )

Tailgating !!! Let's go, Jeff !!!

julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Mary K » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:09 pm

Yes, good question!!

I'm naming mine "The Crows Nest". Don't know why, I just like crows...

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby SmokeyBob » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:24 pm

I call mine the Alegria. It's spanish for jubilation, joy, happiness.

The way you feel when you go camping.

:D :P :beer: :tipsy: :dancing :rofl: :angel: :ok:
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Jst83 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:31 pm

I see so far 26% don't plan on having a name. Any reason why? I'd love to hear coments from those not planning names also.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kens » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:29 pm

Just cannt think of a good name. :?
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Next

Return to User Polls