Tear Drop Names

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

When did you name yor Tear or TTT

Before I started the build
26%
While I was building
26%
After the build was complete
13%
Haven't named it but plan to
25%
Don't plan to name it
11%

Total votes : 212

Postby parnold » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:33 pm

I named mine as I was building. I tried to come up with something clever, but ended up digging into my past for a name.

Originally I was going with Wanderlost, which is a name I called my 64 Plymouth Savoy stationwagon back in the 70's. The name was coined as a twist on Wanderlust, a poem by Robert Service, and was kind of inspired by my use (abuse) of illegal substances at the time.

Sooooo... I'm actually going to call it Wanderlust, which is actually quite appropriate.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:06 pm

parnold wrote:I named mine as I was building. I tried to come up with something clever, but ended up digging into my past for a name.

Originally I was going with Wanderlost, which is a name I called my 64 Plymouth Savoy stationwagon back in the 70's. The name was coined as a twist on Wanderlust, a poem by Robert Service, and was kind of inspired by my use (abuse) of illegal substances at the time.

Sooooo... I'm actually going to call it Wanderlust, which is actually quite appropriate.

Wanderlust was actually one of my final picks, among various words along the same lines of travel as a lifestyle with no home, vagabond, bohemian, etc...

Can't remember where I found this quote...
"The American people are inherent vagabonds," said Al Hesselbart, a historian at Elkhart's Recreational Vehicle/Manufactured Housing Hall of Fame, a 56,000-square-foot shrine to the RV lifestyle. "We all have a degree of wanderlust and love to travel and see our great country, and it's pretty much been that way from day one."
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Tim and Sandy Dugan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Little Bit

Hi. My name is Little Bit, and this is how I got my name.

I am a teardrop camper, made from an 80 year old design. I am homemade like most teardrops and functional as a camper despite my small size. I am light and easy to tow and when you get to your camp site you don't have a lot of work to do setting up camp. Just get a fire going and enjoy.

You've heard of people being small and having a big heart. I am small and yet I have a big room where you can come and rest for a while. I also have many storage compartments and when you get up from your rest you can go around to the back and open the galley. There you can make a pot of coffee or tea and just set a while.

First things first. I have had a complete make-over. I used to be a tent camper that sadly had seen too many winters. I thought I was going to be used as a utility trailer and carry heavy loads the rest of my days. My former owner only used me in that manner.

The people who bought me had a different plan and soon I found myself being torn from stem to stern. My wheels were relocated and my old weathered floor removed. Soon I found myself being fitted with new sides. I couldn't imagine what was happening. After the sides went up I got a roof. Can you imagine, a roof. And insulation and wires going here and there. Oh my. I have a vinyl top and a power vent, a stove and cooler as well as electric lights. I have a queen size bed inside and a full galley out back. Yes sir, I am very functional as a camper.

The best part is, when they are done using me they put me in a room of my very own. I never had a room of my own. They call it a garage and I do share it with a snow blower, but it is wonderful to me.

Back to my name “Little Bitâ€
Woodies are just warmer
Tim and Sandy Dugan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Lookfar » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:54 am

I'm glad this thread has come back. I've been toying with a few names, and decided on mine this morning. Had a few in mind, but it came from the 2nd most common word used during the build, "Oops". Had to settle for that, as the most common word used isn't suitable for a family forum.
Butch
Lookfar
Donating Member

Postby Senior Ninja » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:13 pm

My best friend's wife took to calling it Zypher after we looked at another Zypher from Pennsylvania. I couldn't call mine the same thing so I chose The California Zypher, or more likely while Arnold is governor, Kahlyfornia Zypher. Our paint factory had a siding on the Burlington Railroad and the California Zypher used to zoom by.
Steve
Building the TD was the best thing I ever made.
Senior Ninja
Donating Member

Postby Vindi_andy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:31 am

Mine was named during the build, which is still going on.

We wanted a name to suit the colour, which will be orange to match the main tow vehicle which is the kitcar in my avatar.

We threw a few ideas around like "The pumpkin on wheels" cos some of my daughters friends call the car "the carrot on wheels"

Then the wife suggested Tangerine which then got me remembering a band called Tangerine Dream and then name finally suggested itself because a teardrop is mainly a bed on wheels and you got to bed "to sleep, perchance to dream" it became

Tangerine Dreamer

And playing around with clipart came up with this graphic

Boys never grow in to men the toys just get more expensive and more dangerous

How true :)
Vindi_andy
Teardrop Master

Postby LDK » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:06 pm

We came up with the name in march 2010. It's now feb 2011 and I'm still not done. Were gonna call it.

Last edited by LDK on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Wow ... this thread is alive again ? I see that I posted several years ago ! Can't believe it's been that long!

I'm in the middle /end in sight of the Jewel box makeover, and still calling it the Jewel Box and that is guiding the color scheme etc.
Aluminum exterior now, and stainless accents in the galley. but gold and cream and pretty on the interior !
I hope to put the diamond shape and the name on the front and then another saying TBD on the back.

the Jewel
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby droid_ca » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 pm

wow some good names and graphics I've been thinking of calling mine

Tee Many Martoonies
just need to come up with a good logo
There is a world, just beyond now,
where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility;

Anywhere I roam where I lay my head is home....
“Fide Canem”
Please check out my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52816
droid_ca
Donating Member

Postby Catherine+twins » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:05 am

My trailer is already named. I have a black TV, so the camper is going to be black and white. My son (age 9) has already written two (little) research papers about penguins, and has a picture his grandfather took of Macaroni penguins (yes, really), so our trailer will be Penguino the Macaroni Penguin.

http://www.siec.k12.in.us/west/proj/penguins/mac.html

(You can see where the line "stuck a feather in his hat and called it Macaroni" came from!) :lol:

Catherine
Build Thread Penguino II: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54919
Build Thread Penguino I: viewtopic.php?t=44431
"Oh, let's just stay here and sing camp songs for a while." 1966, My mom in Isle Royale, MN, in a women's bath house with a momma bear and two cubs outside the door, and three tired kids trapped inside
"Dad! Dad! There's a bear outside!" 1967, Lolo Hot Springs, MT, in a tent-top trailer
"Oh, no, there it goes!!" Nov 10, 2012 as Penguino I blew over in high winds
Catherine+twins
The 300 Club

Postby Shanty » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:05 am

Haven't started mine yet, but she will be called "The Penthouse"
Shanty
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Darren » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:51 am

My trailer was on the road before 3 years before I came up with a name. I ended up using The PlyWoodie. I make everything I can out of plywood and try to leave the edges exposed.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Tee Many Martoonies......................

I don't know but is sort of says...."Pull me over" Maybe it's just me!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:25 am

I'm still in the planning (dreaming) phase but I already have the name picked out. Since my other hobby is homebrewing and I'm planning on putting a beer tap into the TD, the name was natural. "Beer Wagon". I got the frame just before winter hit and it's still sitting under about 5 feet of snow in my side yard. As soon as the snow melts enough for me to pull it out, I'm starting construction. Can't wait for winter to be over!
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby droid_ca » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:14 am

Woodbutcher, I think I'm using that name cause thats what a lot of my friends are thinking about the design that I'm thinking of doing
There is a world, just beyond now,
where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility;

Anywhere I roam where I lay my head is home....
“Fide Canem”
Please check out my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52816
droid_ca
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls