Tear Drop Names

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

When did you name yor Tear or TTT

Before I started the build
26%
While I was building
26%
After the build was complete
13%
Haven't named it but plan to
25%
Don't plan to name it
11%

Total votes : 212

Postby Jst83 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:05 pm

caseydog wrote:
Air Conditioner is very similar to Hood Ornament, the font I used. It should look really cool cut out of stainless.

I wonder how much it would cost to have it cast and chromed, like an old camper emblem? :thinking:

Those are types of Fonts? I really like your name casey. I'm sure most will think it's a real name.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:09 pm

caseydog wrote:
TRAIL-OF-TEARS wrote:After two years I am going with the name Cruise-Inn. I am having a logo cut out in stainless in a font called airconditioner, it is similar font to caseydog.

My next tear will be a Cars (Pixar) theme. Painted to look like radiator springs Mcqueen.

Air Conditioner is very similar to Hood Ornament, the font I used. It should look really cool cut out of stainless.

I wonder how much it would cost to have it cast and chromed, like an old camper emblem? :thinking:

Hood ornament was in the running as was Magneto but airconditioning just looked better(to me) with these letters. That is what I really like to do cast and chromed. but I can not find anyone that wants to do it. I know a guy that is going to cut the letters for me. It should look good polished.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:19 pm

Jst83 wrote:
Those are types of Fonts? I really like your name casey. I'm sure most will think it's a real name.

Scott,
those are types of fonts you can get a whole bunch for free from dafont.com look under fancy fonts under retro. there are a bunch so have fun.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:13 pm

TRAIL-OF-TEARS wrote:Scott,
those are types of fonts you can get a whole bunch for free from dafont.com look under fancy fonts under retro. there are a bunch so have fun.

Thanks Steve, I'll check it out maybe I'll find a good Font for mine.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Jst83 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:25 pm

Jst83 wrote:
TRAIL-OF-TEARS wrote:Scott,

Thanks Steve, I'll check it out maybe I'll find a good Font for mine.

I just checked out the site There are a lot of great Fonts I found a couple good ones for mine. I'll have to do a logo and post it
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby caseydog » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Jst83 wrote:
caseydog wrote:

Casey was my dog of 16 years. Arguably the best dog that ever lived. That's not just me - many of my friends would point to her and ask their dogs why they don't act like Casey.

I always called her Caseydog, and adopted it as a handle on Car Forums. She LOVED to ride in the car, and sat in the pasenger seat like a human to see out the windows.

I'll add some pics of her to my album tonight.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:25 pm

Jst83 wrote:I just checked out the site There are a lot of great Fonts I found a couple good ones for mine. I'll have to do a logo and post it

dafont.com is a cool site. You just have to read the rights on each font. Most are okay for personal use only, while others can be used however you want.

BTW, making a logo for your own personal camper would qualify as "personal use".

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:40 pm

caseydog wrote:
Jst83 wrote:I really like your name casey. I'm sure most will think it's a real name.

Casey was my dog of 16 years. Arguably the best dog that ever lived. That's not just me - many of my friends would point to her and ask their dogs why they don't act like Casey.

I always called her Caseydog, and adopted it as a handle on Car Forums. She LOVED to ride in the car, and sat in the passenger seat like a human to see out the windows.

I'll add some pics of her to my album tonight.

I kind of meant the name and logo on your camper. Casey is a good name also.

I know what you mean by the best dog. I had a Black German Shepherd that I just loved. Where I work they have a Black Shepherd drug dog that looks just like her. It's kind of eery every time I see him.
:(
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby caseydog » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:44 am

Ah, I thought you were talking about the handle, "caseydog", and people thinking it is my real name. Oooops.

As for Kamper Kraft, I hope people do think it is real. I imagine there are a few people who would believe me if Itold them it is a complete, top-to-bottom restoration on a 1955 Kamper Kraft. Not many people, but it's fun when you find those trusting souls to play with. I wonder what a beautifully restored, and VERY rare, 1955 Kamper Kraft, Kampster II would fetch on eBay? :twisted:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby PaulM » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:31 am

I haven't started my build quite yet, but have named it already.

Since I am going to use as a form of recreation, release from the stresses of jobs, etc., I have dubbed it "Pressure Drop"!

Just seems appropriate.
PaulM
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jst83 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:52 am

PaulM wrote:I haven't started my build quite yet, but have named it already.

Since I am going to use as a form of recreation, release from the stresses of jobs, etc., I have dubbed it "Pressure Drop"!

Just seems appropriate.

Good One, Although I've had my pressure go up a couple times during my build :x Like 3 A/C doors and 1 1/2 Hatch doors. :lol: :lol: ;)
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby jayray » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:38 pm

Scince our td is a basic 4X8 home build design with all the sleeping comforts not found in a basic tent, we named ours the Slee-Pea. Kinda corny, but it fits.[/img]
jayray
Teardrop Inspector

Postby davel » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:42 am

Cindy had seen an old airliner with large Bluebonnets painted on the tail. When I started talking about building the tear and painting it she was excited because she would paint Bluebonnets on it. So it was named before the first piece of wood was cut.

As everyone knows "Everythings better with Bluebonnets on it!" :lol:
davel
Donating Member

Postby sdtripper2 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:35 am

davel wrote:Cindy had seen an old airliner with large Bluebonnets painted on the tail. When I started talking about building the tear and painting it she was excited because she would paint Bluebonnets on it. So it was named before the first piece of wood was cut.

As everyone knows "Everythings better with Bluebonnets on it!" :lol:

So the flowers on your tear are called Bluebonnets?
Where do these flowers grow?
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country
is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards." -------Theodore Roosevelt

Steve
sdtripper2
Search Garoux

Postby SteveH » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:47 am

Steve, Obviously you've never been to Texas. The Bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas, grows wild, and blooms in the spring. I forget the exact number, but Texas has hundreds of varieties of wild flowers, but the bluebonnet seems to be the most prolific.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls