A Simple Mike Vick Poll

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Should the Falcons or the NFL ban Vick from football?

Yes
32%
No
13%
Only if Guilty
47%
Ban Forever - Guilty or Not
9%

Total votes : 47

Postby asianflava » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:51 pm

tonyj wrote:
asianflava wrote:
Fired from your job is a possibility, but not BANNED from your profession.

There are many professions (mine included) with certifications that stipulate convictions of certain offenses (felonies or moral turpitude) will indeed ban you from your profession. Why should sports be different?

Because sports don't endanger people's lives/property. Like a cop with a criminal past or a sociopathic health care worker. I also don't think there are any certifications needed to play professional sports.

The only angle that has merit is the "role model" angle. I think that card has been played to death with any public figure.

Let him play, so what. I'm not paying him. I hardly watch any pro sports.

BTW: I had a Pit Bull, it was the best dog I've ever had. Very smart and easy going, all he had to do was look at people and they would be afraid. When they got past "the look" they found him to be very friendly. True to the breed, he would not back down from anything.

I'm done saying what I need to say, I don't want another "Flame War" over somebody who I don't know or has done nothing for me.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Smitty Smith » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:21 pm

I would have given him his walking papers a few months ago when he gave the camera the obscene hand gesture!

Role model? - No.
A professional? - Hah!

Vick makes professional wrestling look good. . . :o
"The stars awaken a certain reverence, because though always present, they are inaccessible." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Smitty Smith
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Laredo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:08 pm

asianflava wrote:
<i>Because sports don't endanger people's lives/property. Like a cop with a criminal past or a sociopathic health care worker. I also don't think there are any certifications needed to play professional sports.

The only angle that has merit is the "role model" angle. I think that card has been played to death with any public figure.

Let him play, so what. I'm not paying him. I hardly watch any pro sports.

BTW: I had a Pit Bull, it was the best dog I've ever had. Very smart and easy going, all he had to do was look at people and they would be afraid. When they got past "the look" they found him to be very friendly. True to the breed, he would not back down from anything.

I'm done saying what I need to say, I don't want another "Flame War" over somebody who I don't know or has done nothing for me.</i>

I find this "not my money, not my problem" attitude very disturbing.
What about the simple truth that cruelty to animals is wrong?
What about the laws against conspiracy, and the simple truth that breaking them is wrong?
What about the profiteering from an illegal activity?

This is not a flame.
I really do care about the answers to these questions.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:05 pm

There is probably more going on there but it has yet to be proven, you have already tried and convicted him before the trial has even started. Just like the rest of the media.

You're right it's not my problem. Was I caught dog fighting? I'm just saying that he ruined his own carreer, banning him doesn't do any good when he banned himself. If he finds a sympathetic owner that will sign him, then so be it. I'm sure it will be for a greatly reduced rate.

BTW you don't have to be such a wet blanket whenever it comes to an animal. I thought the dog biting it's feet was hilarious. Apparently, so did a lot of people because it won on America's funniest home Videos.

I could go on but I'm done with this thread.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Toolie » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:57 pm

Both the Vick brothers play great ball but appear to be totally stupid otherwise. Word is, he was deeply involved in that operation. I hope fighting these charges bankrupts his stupid a** and he goes to jail.

Still, professional sports are just entertainment. If any team is willing to pay him let him play. If you think he's dispicable (and I do) don't watch his team or buy his gear.
Toolie
Slowest Teardrop Builder WANNABE

Postby Clancy Courtney » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:23 am

If guilty executution at dusk.
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:41 am

asianflava wrote:BTW you don't have to be such a wet blanket whenever it comes to an animal. I thought the dog biting it's feet was hilarious. Apparently, so did a lot of people because it won on America's funniest home Videos.

I still think the "dog bites self" video was faked. I think they had a thin fishing line tied to his leg and were pulling on it. He was snapping at that.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Previous

Return to User Polls