radios in campgrounds

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

how do you deal with radios?

passively ask them to please turn it down
46%
contact the ranger or camphost so you can be told its not 10 o'clock yet
11%
pack up and move to another site
9%
cut his speaker wires in the middle of the night
23%
join bubba for a cold one and play air guitar
11%

Total votes : 35

Postby NoNeck » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:22 pm

I voted to grab a cold one and play air guitar. Of course my wife broght me back to reality and said the best smiley face is this one :x because it reminds her of me! :R So i would probably ask them to turn it down once then explode. :?
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
NoNeck
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mary K » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:50 pm

I have only been camping a few times, and luckily I have not experienced this phenomenon. However, I did learn not to make camp by a boat ramp. Waking up at 5:30am to the sound of boat motors was not a pleasant experience. :thumbdown:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby kiacker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:27 pm

I don't know what it is about me & bad camping neighbors, but this last trip set the record for camp nastiness! On the last night of my trip a whole crew of misfits pulled in & set up camp right next to me. They had the car stereos (yes, two vehicles) blaring from the moment they parked. There were seven of them cussing & swearing at each other at the top of their lungs because apparently only a couple of them wanted to camp & the others had no choice but to come. Each tried to talk over the other so the noise level was loud from the start. Plus they couldn't hear each other over their music. :x Then to top it off, they had 4 dogs with them, none of them on a leash, that then proceeded to piss & mark everything around their campsite in a hundred yard radius. When the Bassett Hound came into my campsite, I went to chase it off but then the damn thing charged me, baying & barking at me like a rabid dog. I'm yelling at the idiots to get their stupid dog back onto their campsite which was met with profuse screaming, swearing, and flipping me off. They then came over, grabbed the dog by the scruff & drug it back to their site. :(
I tracked down a ranger & complained, but he said that he had just warned them about the music & not having the dogs on a leash. When I got back to camp, the music was indeed turned down & the dogs were leashed but the Bassett would bark at me or my dog anytime we moved. And they were still swearing at each other. All I can say is thank God for my insulated tear & the hum of the Fantastic fan! I crawled into bed early & hardly heard them after that! :applause: And then in the morning we had heavy thunderstorms move through. Kept their noisy butts & dogs in their tents trying to stay dry! Yeah! Once the rain slowed, we got out dry & happy, threw everything into the truck & tear, and left their wet butts there. If I wanted to hear my neighbors screaming at each other, swearing every profanity possible, have to listen to music I hate instead of being able to hear the sounds of nature, be barked at by strange dogs or even have dogs chase me threatening to bite I would have STAYED HOME! Other than bad neighbors, I LOVE camping in my tear! I'm counting on my camping trips getting better & better!
Lisa

My life's work is to be my dog's servant, pay his rent, drive him to the park, and keep his food bowl full!
kiacker
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to User Polls