radios in campgrounds

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

how do you deal with radios?

passively ask them to please turn it down
46%
contact the ranger or camphost so you can be told its not 10 o'clock yet
11%
pack up and move to another site
9%
cut his speaker wires in the middle of the night
23%
join bubba for a cold one and play air guitar
11%

Total votes : 35

radios in campgrounds

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:14 am

me, I don't get it, why do people think we all want to hear their music isn't the sounds of nature enough? It almost never fails you get to the campground early get a great beautiful site and in the middle of barbequeing a couple of great steaks some narcissistic a..hole pulls in next to you gets out pops a beer and leaves his car radio on at full blast.......what do you do?
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby pauld3 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:07 pm

I can't answer this poll because there is not an answer like I would do. Because I would ignore them, but complain quietly to whom ever I am with...like Paul for example.

Lynn
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Postby rbeemer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:21 pm

I just go over and ask them to turn it down because either my wife or baby daughter are sleeping, if that does not work, more drastic measures are on the horizon and those are saved for a another time
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:32 pm

I just look the other way when they try to make eye contact, they seem to get the message. If that doesn't work I'll make some remark to Jane that they can hear. :lol: :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Woody » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Well some people are just inconsiderate period no matter where they go or do. Just like 2 liitle ankle biter barking dogs left unattended at a campsite whille they go explore the nearby town for the entire day and don't come back until midnight DRUNK beyond belief. Pulling up with thier bass playing in thier car. And proceed to yell at the dogs since they had made a meess everywhere from being unattended all the time Then decide to watch a movie with alot of explosions and gunfire in surround sound until 3AM. Then after it stopped they decided to have a rop in the hay with all the moaning and going's on. All this in a brand new tent mind you.( All the boxes for the new camping gear were still neatly piled by there vehicle) But have the nerve to tell me the next morning "You know I find your cigarette smoking offensive and would I mind if didn't do it while the wind was blowing there direction" I almost fell over, imagine that, after all your crap from the night before. I was the jerk for smoking up wind. Geez I am sorry for ruining your camping experience A$$hole. That next night was different however, Mother nature was on our side,
They didn't appreciate the rains that came and left in a hurry. Leaving that stack of new camping gear empty boxes on the ground as they left. I light a cigarette and waved BYE-BYE as they drove off
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:44 pm

yup thats what I'm talking about Woody, When you finally get that weekend away and some people can't think of anybody but themselfs :x

of course we should speak to them first, but sometimes we might have to take matters into our own hands :roll:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby kiacker » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:57 pm

This just happened to me last weekend. Whole 40 site primitive campground empty except for my tear. Come back from a 5 hr. hike & someone has set up camp right next to me, not one of the other 39 spots elsewhere, and are now blaring their hip hop/rap muzac from a car parked 4 ft from my tear door. The windows are even rattling in my tear from their bass! :x I proceed to put in my twangiest, loudest, sh** kicking, boot scraping hillbilly music cd & crank 'er up. Me & the dog are jammin' for a while when I look over at them & yell over the music "oh, I'm sorry! I didn't see you there! I'll be nice & turn down my music." Fortunately they got the picture & shut their music off too. Hmmm, I don't think they liked my music! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've learned to take my MP3 player along so when others in the campground annoy me, I can tune them out. Guess there are going to be a--holes camping as well as anywhere else! 8)
Lisa

My life's work is to be my dog's servant, pay his rent, drive him to the park, and keep his food bowl full!
kiacker
Teardrop Advisor

Re: radios in campgrounds

Postby asianflava » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:41 pm

cherokeegeorge wrote:me, I don't get it, why do people think we all want to hear their music isn't the sounds of nature enough? It almost never fails you get to the campground early get a great beautiful site and in the middle of barbequeing a couple of great steaks some narcissistic a..hole pulls in next to you gets out pops a beer and leaves his car radio on at full blast.......what do you do?

George, that exact same thing happened to us. The rangers came by for a tour of the teardrop and noticed him. During the course of our chat, they told the guy to turn it down twice. The power pole ended up not working so we moved down a few sites (further away).
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby len19070 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Some people haven't a clue. Unfortunately a lot of these stories have happened to a lot of people.

When I can, I tell the Ranger immediately. If I can't I usually I point my vehicles towards them and leave the headlights on for 1/2 an hour or so.

When they come over to tell me to turn them off, I tell them to turn there noise down.

I listen to a radio a lot when I'm camping. Sitting right next to me. If I get up and walk 10 feet away, I can't hear my radio anymore.

But what I really hate is the guy that sets up his radio 100 foot away from him and plays some crap that nobody else in the campground but him likes loud enough to hear it on the other side of his campsite.

BTW Baiting there campsite for critters is great. :twisted:

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:05 pm

kiacker wrote:This just happened to me last weekend. Whole 40 site primitive campground empty except for my tear. Come back from a 5 hr. hike & someone has set up camp right next to me, not one of the other 39 spots elsewhere, and are now blaring their hip hop/rap muzac from a car parked 4 ft from my tear door. The windows are even rattling in my tear from their bass! :x I proceed to put in my twangiest, loudest, sh** kicking, boot scraping hillbilly music cd & crank 'er up. Me & the dog are jammin' for a while when I look over at them & yell over the music "oh, I'm sorry! I didn't see you there! I'll be nice & turn down my music." Fortunately they got the picture & shut their music off too. Hmmm, I don't think they liked my music! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've learned to take my MP3 player along so when others in the campground annoy me, I can tune them out. Guess there are going to be a--holes camping as well as anywhere else! 8)

:applause: :lol: ;) This I love! I got a "Dirty Dancing" tape and played it day and night as loud as I could when my teenagers insisted on sharing their music... :R
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby kiacker » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:38 am

OMG!!!! I can't listen to "Dirty Dancing" without dancing like a fool all over the place! :lol: Never thought about taking that CD along camping! I'll have to try it next time - it would likely scare all the other campers away because I would look like a lunatic dancing around the campfire!!! :moom walk: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the idea Aunti M! :applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:
Lisa

My life's work is to be my dog's servant, pay his rent, drive him to the park, and keep his food bowl full!
kiacker
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Joseph » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:33 pm

Long story.

I spend a weekend at a combination moutain man rendezvous and modern day Indian pow wow. I was up on the hill with the mountain men, decked out in my 19th century finery and carrying a flintlock rifle.

At pow wow there is a tradition known as a "Forty-Niner" which is forty-nine traditional songs which are sung between sundown and sunrise, and it usually takes the whole time to complete it. Anyway, about sunup, things finally quieted down. Then some knucklehead out on the lake (not a member of either group) fired up his boom box with some thumping rap music. I crawled out of my lodge and hollered, "Excuse me. There are a lot of people here who have had a very long night. Would you mind turning that down?"

He flipped me off and said something completely inappropriate for this forum.

So I went back in my lodge, dragged out my rifle and started working the ramrod up and down the barrel and hollered, "Y'know, I'll bet I can hit that boom box from here and everyone in camp would swear it was an accident that happened while I was cleaning my rifle."

Immediately, from inside lodges and bedrolls all through camp you could hear variations of -

"Cleaning accident, that's what it was!"

"Yepper. Accident. Saw the whole thing."

He turned it off and left.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby cherokeegeorge » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:53 pm

thanks for the stories guys keep um coming.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:41 pm

George,
Most campgrounds around here have a rule against that, but it does happen and what I've noticed is 9 out of 10 times it's someone playin' what they now call country music... :thinking:
Ranger Pat tossed three different parties out of Swimmer's Delight for that the last time I was there...
Oh... And just about all of them also have an oogah horn hooked up to their pickup also and they like to share that too as if nobody on the planet has ever heard one before. :?
I told the last guy out at SD that I didn't like him blasting his oogah horn all the time and he basically told me to shove it.
About 10 minutes later he was thrown out... As he drove off, I yelled, "Let me hear that cool horn of yours just one more time... Paw-Leeze?" :lol:

Gage has the best solution of all...
He makes the Scottsman vibrate the ground when it happens to him. :lol:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby PapaJ » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Hasn't happened to me yet, because most of my camping has taken place on my own property. :D

I voted to cut his speaker wires in the night but I would probably just ask him to turn it down. :lol:

My wife is always telling me, you have to remember there's always one *sshole, and it's best to ignore him. :x

Tom
When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
PapaJ
Donating Member

Next

Return to User Polls