How old is everybody?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

How old is everyone? No lying I'll search you down and...

15 to 24
1%
25 to 34
13%
35 to 44
23%
45 to 54
34%
55 to 64
22%
65 to 74
7%
Stay of the roads!
1%

Total votes : 456

Postby TENNJIM » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:57 pm

Still a young 62 going on 63. Although I sometimes talk about things that lets people know I am older than dirt.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

mountain bikes

Postby 4123 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi there,
I'm 62 and have been mountain biking for 20 years. My friend, Russell (age 59) and I ride every Monday, Wednesday and Friday on single track trails through the woods, up and down hill (very little flat land around here). We average about 20 miles every ride. We've been doing this for 5 years and ride no matter what the weather conditions are. Rain, Snow, 100 degrees, it makes no difference. At the present time, I ride an '06 Trek Fuel 8 full suspension bike and am very impressed with it. Before the Trek, I rode a Haro 'Extreme' and simply wore it out. Now, I'm trying to talk my wife Olga (age 55) into riding with us. She is a die-hard walker and walks 5 miles every day for years. We have this ongoing argument about what is a better exercise walking or riding. In either case they are good for you. I have zero cartilage in my left knee as well as arthritis in my knee, back and neck. Not to mention a herniated disc in the lower back. If it weren't for bike riding, I would most likely be bed-ridden.
I take my mountain bike with me every time we go camping. I'm going to buy Olga a good mountain bike this summer and I hope she will ride it....
I'll post a photo of Russell on our last ride on Friday in my album. Notice the 20 pound hand weights he carries for the added exercise.[/img]
~~~Ron & Olga Christianson~~~
http://www.museumphones.com
"Consider It ALL entertainment"
ImageImageImage
The 300 Club

Postby silkstone » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:09 pm

34 and just getting started...... I have the, to much to do and no time to do it problem....
If it has wheels I'm in....
silkstone
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:34 pm

Mike C. wrote:55 years young and proud of it. But if you ever see me on a bike racing downhill, you better get the h*ll out of my way, cause I will be chasing the guy that stole my car. :lol: :cry: :cry:

If you ever see me racing down hill or up hill there is a bear after me and you should slow him down. :roll: :R

Younger than Mike. :twisted: ;) :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Eeeek! Only one other!

Postby Bippy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:39 am

I just turned 24, there's only one other person on the board my age.

:o I hope y'all are willing to share that fabulous experience so I don't have to make my OWN mistakes!
Thinking long and hard about building an ultra light weight TTT in case I end up on tour this summer!
Bippy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PaulC » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:55 am

I turned 55 last September. What with building TD's and running my own landscaping business I don't have time now :? Retirement has been placed on the never never plan :lol:

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby toypusher » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:38 am

PaulC wrote:I turned 55 last September. What with building TD's and running my own landscaping business I don't have time now :? Retirement has been placed on the never never plan :lol:

Cheers

Just turned 55 the 9th and have been retired for 12and a half years!! :lol:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby H@nk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:44 pm

Turned 48 in july, still have to go out in the moring very early for about 17 years. I wish I was a dog of this age, all day long laying in the sun, on the couch, doing nothing.
Old bread isn't hard, no bread, that's hard.
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby 2bits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:25 pm

I'm single so that's my excuse for having alot of time! ! ! I just go from project to project and loving every minute of it, if I ever find someone, she'll have to be the same kind of person too :lol:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Mike C. » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:15 pm

toypusher wrote:
PaulC wrote:I turned 55 last September. What with building TD's and running my own landscaping business I don't have time now :? Retirement has been placed on the never never plan :lol:

Cheers

Just turned 55 the 9th and have been retired for 12and a half years!! :lol:

:x Just turned 56 on the 5th and since I work for someone that provides no real retirement plan, other than a 401K, I will probably have to work until I die at my desk. :cry:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby sonar37 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Early 40s here. We both have mountain bikes that we plan on taking everywhere we go, but sorry, we ride for pleasure, not for pain. :R

Retirement? Well, that's negotiable but probably a long way off. We have, however, decided that work is NOT first. There is just too much to see and do!!! This summer our 2nd home will be the teardrop, not the office or the jobsite. :)
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? ~Author Unknown~
sonar37
Teardrop Master

How old

Postby zen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Just turned 50 this month.
Thinking hard on ret. in April.
Daniel Zen
[email protected]
Morgan Hill Ca.
zen
Teardrop Builder

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:23 pm

A lot of my friends are retired (or say they are).
My wife and I have saved and planned but it just seems really hard to finally "pull the plug". I did turn in my official date (August 1, 2008) but I want to pick up some consultant work to keep me busy. I'd love to build another TD but time will tell.

As with anything else, saying is easier than doing. I hate the feeling of being stressed about money so the consulting work will fix that. I don't want to even touch my ain retirement plan for at least 5 years.
I'll be 63 in July and am anxiously waiting to see how things develop.

Looking forward to camping and enjoying my new schedule. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:41 pm

I'm 19, but I started here when I was 17. I knew very little about teardrops, (I don't think I knew the name though) and I wanted one. Then my parents were watching TV and RV Crazy came on. I watched it, and then taped it the next time it was on, and I was hooked, so I came here!

But I am sorry, no bike ridding for me. Every time I try to ride, some one tries to hit me with their car, so I have given up.

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Grumpeyyy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey I was tired yesterday and i'm tired again today does that mean I'm retired?

I was 52 in Dec and I don't see retirement anytime in the near future. I guess i'll have to work till I die. But I am going to say the heck with it and start taking time to go on vacations an also to go camping . we bought a teardrop this past summer and we plan on using it alot
I was tired yesterday, I am tired again today, does that make me retired???????
Grumpeyyy
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls