What is the best battery for teardrops

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

What is the better Teardrop Trailer battery?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:08 am

Optima
43%
Trojan
29%
Lifeline
No votes
other, please list reason
29%

Total votes : 7

What is the best battery for teardrops

Postby kartvines » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:08 am

Madjack brought up a good question, I do believe that most on this board are using the Optima battery, but he has heard that they do not have a good life, he suggested maybe the Trojan or Lifeline may be a better battery what is your opinion?

I prefer to buy the correct battery the first time out.
Image..Image..Image..
Image.
kartvines
500 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:19 am

..another consideration is cost...I really like the AGM type batteries but they are spendy...you can buy a couple or 3 wet cell batteries for what some of the AGM's cost...of course, you also have to deal with the problems from out gassing by placing them in a non-spark enviorment and providing adequate ventilation for them...in my new build, I am using a pair of these http://www.batterymart.com/p-6v-33ah-se ... ttery.html
mainly due to physical size... my power requirements are fairly low and most of my camping is at parks with shore power available...I will also use a Deltrans 5a Battery Tender over the top of them, to keep them up and provide 12vdc power while hooked to 120vac... http://batterymart.com/p-battery-tender ... arger.html
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:51 am

I like the idea of those batteries. My 6 pack weighs about 60 pounds. I do need a bigger charger. the .75 amp b/t takes to long to recharge when I use the generator... will look into a 1.5 amp floater when the time comes.

Oh, did you go 2 - 6 v in series for size, or can you get more amps/lb. that way?
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to User Polls