what do you collect ?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Postby satch » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:09 am

Tear Fan wrote:Those look like action figures to me!

And American made!! :lol:
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:36 pm

I collect coffee mugs and shoe spoons.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Mr. & Mrs. Rabbit » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:08 pm

Well my husband collects VW cars. We have an acre lot and when we got married there were cars everywhere running and just the shells. Let's just say since the wedding there is only one in the backyard(which is his friends project) and three others in the front aside from his daily driver. Now those three are for sale. :) So soon there will be only two left. I think new hobby will be kayaks or tears. ha ha
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
Mr. & Mrs. Rabbit
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Nic » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:33 pm

I collect VW toys of all kinds. Up to about 20 now. And now that i have a teardrop im keeping my eyes out for toy campers/trailers. So far i have ONE! haha From Chevron! :thumbsup:
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby DSBoring » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:34 pm

I mentioned to my mom once that I liked some of the M&M dispensers. You guessed it. Now I collect those whether I want to or not! ha ha Every Christmas and birthday. That's fine as long as they are full when I get them. :thumbsup:
My Grandpa always said "Boring is a name, not a condition"
DSBoring
Teardrop Inspector

Postby chgrsteve67 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:04 pm

My wife has a collection of about four of five hundred boyds bears resin figurines. She also has a small collection of N Scale trains and a 3x5 track she has been working on for about 4 years (half done)

I have about a dozen or so 1/24 scale die cast cars. I haven't bought any in a few years. Last on I got was a 2008 Dodge Challenger. Hopefully my next new car. Also got a few remote control cars I chase the cats around with from time to time.
chgrsteve67
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JeremyL » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:38 am

I've collected various things through the years. Currently all I really have are a small library's worth of books. Until a couple years ago I had a decent collection of cars. Nothing terribly interesting or one off, mainly old Ford Galaxies, suicide door Lincolns, and 80s Shelby Dodge stuff. All I have left is an 86 Daytona C/S that I've had since high school, an 85 F-250 diesel, and a couple suicide door Lincolns. The latter three are store back in TX.

For a while during my teens I had a pretty cool collection of VW's, but I sold them to a collector.

My family had some really neat things though the years. My mother had a large antique perfume bottle collection, and my father was into Native American artifacts and guns. He even had some Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse items.
JeremyL
Teardrop Builder

Postby bobhenry » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:45 am

My darling wife has a dust bunny collection she hides them here and there. I think the main stash is under our bed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby chgrsteve67 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:12 am

bobhenry wrote:My darling wife has a dust bunny collection she hides them here and there. I think the main stash is under our bed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does she name them? :?
chgrsteve67
Teardrop Advisor

Postby planovet » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:48 pm

I collect old veterinary bottles and supplies, police patches and badges. Currently have over 200 police badges.

This is about half of my collection...

ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby mikeschn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Can I ask why you collect police badges?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby riverfront » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:14 pm

Ho Trains -

Mark Martin die cast (like to sell them now though).

Collected baseball cards 40's 50's 60's - Had a Mickey M and Wllie M. rookie cards. Got married in 69 and asked my mom to hold them until we could get a house with more room. In 75 when I finally got that house and went to pick up my stuff she had given my fortune away to the neighbor kid. Those two cards alone go for about $2000 if not more today. What would over 5000 old cards bring today? As you can see I am not retired yet. LOL
Bruce
riverfront
Teardrop Master

Postby Aaron Coffee » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:37 pm

Let's see, magazines (can't throw them away, there might be some info in them I need someday). Video cameras(have 4 or 5 now). Videos of local circle track races(have over 300, and working on more). Unfinished projects, (1967 Dodge Dart GT Conv., engine out for rebuild, 1951 Plymouth, on 83 ElCamino frame, 318, auto, 89 Dodge Omni with built 2.2, 78 Dodge Motorhome with broken rear frame)
High Standard 22 pistols(have 3)
JeremyL, Ihad a 85 Dodge Shelby Charger, originally turbo, put high output in it and a cage and cricle track raced it for 2 seasons, won 5 features, 4th and 2nd in points, sold it and a 15 kid won 4 features and got 10th in points(started midseason)
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Jst83 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:30 pm

Sorry I don't know why some pictures came out giant, There the same size as the rest

I collect M&M stuff as you can see
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

There's more just no pictures :oops: I know a 42 year old man collecting M&M stuff, I've even got the walls painted red and Aqua
My wife is very tolerant :lol:

I also collect lapel pins I have them from all over the world

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby planovet » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:25 pm

Mike,

I collect police badges because I am a reserve police officer in addition to being a veterinarian. Don't hold it against me. I'm a vet during the week and do police work on the weekends. It's an interesting mix to say the least. All my badges are reserve or auxillary police badges. Why I collect them? I just think all the different styles are interesting.

Mark
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls