after building my first teardrop/ ttt I ....

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

After building my first trailer, some ajustments were needed.

Small simple ones ezy to do.
33%
sold it and started over
13%
had to move a big part
7%
went to fast left something out
7%
I can live with it. maybe one day I will build another.
40%

Total votes : 15

after building my first teardrop/ ttt I ....

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:26 pm

Well did you do right the first time??
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:52 pm

Can't vote yet, haven't even got mine started to date. But I am sure at least the first 4 will apply.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby crankshaft » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am

I started my project before reading all the wisdom available on these pages. So Some of my ideas had to be changed and I adapted some of the ideas I thought had merit..Most of the electric system I used came from this forum.

Crankshaft
crankshaft
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BobR » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:45 am

My tear has been a work in progress...the one thing I have changed the most is the galley. Always looking for something that worked for me and after three versions I think I finally got it the way I want it.

Galley 1

Galley 2

Galley 3

Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:53 am

Given my deadline, I'm happy with how mine turned out. It is simply a place to sleep and works very well. I like the shelves, the roof vent, the lights, the curtains... all the basic stuff went right....

I 'think' I can squeeze in an a/c unit (once I figure out where), and a small galley...

I like what others have done, and very much appreciate the thought and work they've put into their tears..... for me, it doesn't have to be fancy, just functional...

Maybe, if I can put together enough ideas to make a second one worthwhile, I'll make it a longer-term project and come up with something slighly more liveable..... but, I like the light weight of my sparse tear.... it tows easy and does what it was supposed to do... can't ask for much more than that.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Ross Wade » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:54 am

Pretty much, Bob said it right. I think most who built their own trailer, the trailers are always a work in progress.
The first thing that I changed out was the battery. The one I originally used was way too big. So I dropped down to a smaller battery and gained a lot of useful storage space.
Second thing that I add was a MaxxAir fan. I never thought that I would ever need a roof fan. Well last summer proved me wrong.
Third add on is a privacy room. This project is still a work-in-progess. Hopefully it will be completed in the next few weeks.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby len19070 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:37 am

Truer words were never spoken, "A Teardrop is always a work in progress" My solution was always a little different. I would build one. If there was something major I wanted to change.... I would sell it and build another one with the change. Its so hard to build a trailer that fits all your needs the first time. Given the fact you've never camped in it. Theres always something you want to change "after you have used it". I know people who have planned & planned changed things over & over on paper to accomidate there favorite Rubber Maid container. I meen legnthen the trailer, move walls...Buy a new container that fits! With some people these paper changes have gotten to the point where the entire project has been abandoned. Don't get me wrong Planning is good. But you will never get it perfect without Camping in it First and knowing exactly WHAT your needs are. Its the classic "What came first, the Chicken or the Egg".

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:18 pm

Totally unhappy with profile and storage layout of No 1. No 3 was quick and simple for use as a loaner. No 2 is just about fine. No 4 will be wider with enclosed wheels just because I like the look of the Tourer and the wider bed and not because of the extra storage space it will provide.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Arne » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:28 pm

I'm in the process of hanging the spare underneath... The 'hung-under' battery box is turning out ok, but I had to move it forward. First spot made the tear look like it had hemerhoids.... Looks nicer now... almost done.

Tonight wanted to drill support straps with 1/4" hole in one end, 3/8" in the other... wound up with a 3/8" in each end.. so much for rushing... tomorrow, down to see bro to have him weld the hole up and drill over.... should be nice when it's done

Then, considering a hung-under storage place for the ez-up.....

AFter return from VA next month, the a/c, hatch, and re-profiling are on the list..... I'm avoiding looking at some of the nice pictures above. Don't need anymore ideas for a while.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to User Polls