well another year IGR 2 over what is your responce

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

IRG 2 your reation

would not change a thing loved it
83%
for the most part it was great
9%
saddly I will not be returning (any reason)
No votes
It was not my thing it just did not work for me
4%
it was ok
4%
I might come again and then ....
No votes
It was great but we need nationals in 4 equal parts.
No votes
it was fun the people were great but .... see below
No votes

Total votes : 23

Postby emiller » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:10 pm

Every other year Lee.
:thumbsup:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby sunny16 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Fishing reel? Some people fish, some people read. Ha!

My family had a great time at the IRG! And the pit toilets were not all that bad. I hate them with a passion but I used them and they weren't bad. I did notice the rangers cleaning them twice a day and the "extras" someone had set up in each of them were thoughtful. (My daughtrer had to explain what the lights were. I though they were an air freshener.) Thanks to all who planned and took care of all of us there. Especially Dean and The Teardrop Nanny!
I cut it three times and it's still too short!!
Perfection is all I ask.......
sunny16
The 300 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Those baskets and stuff in the bathroom were put there by Joannie, :thumbsup: . Its the attention to little special details like that, that makes the IRG really special. Thank you Nanny :applause: :applause:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Joanne » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:20 pm

This was my second time at Dean and Joanie's IRG event and I'll be back next time too! The setting is magical. The food was outstanding. There were plenty of events planned during the week to keep things interesting. For the early birds, the morning coffee clatch was a lot of fun.

The entire IRG team (all the folks that made this event happen) deserve a lot of kudos. Anyone who has organized a gathering know how much work it takes to have a successful event.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again!

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Nitetimes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:24 pm

Well we thought it was great!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And when you dress like I did for most of a week and don't catch any flak it's gotta be a cool bunch of people!!!!! :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Dean and Joanie did a great job as did quite a few others to make this thing as good as it was!!! If we can swing it we might just try for the next one.

And I've used worse out houses...they weren't that bad.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby TENNJIM » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:08 pm

Lest we forget our roots; when I was growing up, we had a fire break out in the restroom, but we were lucky it didn't spread to the house. :lol:

It is camping and pit toilets are to be expected. In Utah, they are the norm in most State and National Forest parks. The IRG had good ones with nice amenities in them and kept up well. :thumbsup:

I had a terrific time at the IRG and my hat's off to Joanie and Dean for the excellent job of organizing it and running it. I find it really hard to wait until 2010 for the next one. :applause:
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:58 pm

Nitetimes wrote:Well we thought it was great!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And when you dress like I did for most of a week and don't catch any flak it's gotta be a cool bunch of people!!!!!

Nitetimes,
I just now placed your current avatar with your picture at IRG. Nice to meet ya'.

Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby son of a shack » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 pm

No complaints here only a big KUDOS to Dean, Joanie, Doug, Joanne, Kelly, the rangers, Big Foot, and all the others that made it great.

Pit toilets...even my 6 year old got with it and I have seen worse toilets that do flush....the Swimmers Delight park had flushables and adequate showers.

Parking was not much of a problem from my point.

A person or two from a southern state got a little cold but hey they have 95+ with humidity all the time...they were camping in the shade of the redwoods
son of a shack
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:50 pm

cuyeda wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:Well we thought it was great!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And when you dress like I did for most of a week and don't catch any flak it's gotta be a cool bunch of people!!!!!

Nitetimes,
I just now placed your current avatar with your picture at IRG. Nice to meet ya'.

Ya know Cliff, until I left and got on here and caught a couple of your post IRG posts I didn't put it together either. Nice to meet you too!!!!
What gave it away? The hair, the belly or the CAT jacket in the second picture??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess I really should pay more attention to the names at the bottom of posts!
Rich

ImageImage
-
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:24 pm

Doug,
I hear you did some good cooking !! and got a new cooking cap!!

On the positive side how is the new trailer? :thumbsup:

Ron D.
Last edited by Ron Dickey on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby NutmegJoe » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:51 pm

I had the best time at Pamplin!! It was one of the best birthdays ever! And, the 1700 mile trip was totally worth it.

Dean and Joanie: You did an absolutely fabulous job of making everyone feel welcome and taking care of the little details like George mentioned above.
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:09 pm

[quote=]
Next time, we're gonna go a full week, making it a true summer camp. :thumbsup:

After this year's event, the county suggested that Joanie and I do a class on how to run an event at Pamplin Grove... That tells me we did pretty good. :thumbsup:[/quote]

A whole WEEK!!! whow.

So I am glad to hear all in all it worked that is all that matters.
Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:56 pm

Sorry Ron...didn't mean to come across so hard, you really needed to be there and I know you couldn't, but I'm thinking....
30$ for registration shakes out to 6 bucks a day, free firewood, full blown continental breakfast/ with fruit, coffeecakes, etc.., a pit BBQ, lots of other eats/ entertainment, toiletries in the can and an incredible raffle! I'm thinking for 6$ a day, the other issues are minor, it was a camping trip, not a Sandals resort. Although Dean and Joanie did what they could to make it one! Doug

PS...I'm told it was 5 $ a day since we picked up Tuesday to take care of the early arrivals.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:29 am

doug hodder wrote:Sorry Ron...didn't mean to come across so hard, you really needed to be there and I know you couldn't, but I'm thinking....
30$ for registration shakes out to 6 bucks a day, free firewood, full blown continental breakfast/ with fruit, coffeecakes, etc.., a pit BBQ, lots of other eats/ entertainment, toiletries in the can and an incredible raffle! I'm thinking for 6$ a day, the other issues are minor, it was a camping trip, not a Sandals resort. Although Dean and Joanie did what they could to make it one! Doug

PS...it was 5 $ a day since we picked up Tuesday to take care of the early arrivals.

Damn how soon can i register for 2010 the sooner you get my money the more interest you can get on it and by 2010 they could offer ..... sorry i got carried away again.
Doug thank you for your imput, and I still do not have a waffel iron but I will keep looking. until then I will use my elctric to see what new affel waffel tastes I can invent ... I joined a DO group to practice on too.
http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&h ... le&spell=1
Ron :awesome:
Glad you all had fun I will shut up now. :shhh:
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:30 am

doug hodder wrote:.....but I'm thinking....

PS...I'm told it was 5 $ a day since we picked up Tuesday to take care of the early arrivals.

And actually that's per however many people were in your party so that's not even per person!!! Pretty damn cheap if you ask me!!! Especially when you consider what all was included!! And worth every penny!!!
I can't recall having been treated so well by so many people that I've never met in my life!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

ImageImage
-
- Thomas Jefferson -
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to User Polls