To kill or not to kill

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Should I

Poll ended at Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Throw him in the river
43%
Encourage my wife to run off with him
20%
Make him pay for his crimes
9%
Suck it up and let bygones be bygones
23%
Adopt him and tell him its ok
6%

Total votes : 35

To kill or not to kill

Postby greg755 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:52 pm

ARG!!!!!!

My newly remodeled 56 has been sitting in my driveway, minding its own business, waiting for its maiden voyage...

A friend of my wife came over today to help her move a little sign on wheels.

While moving the sign ( by hand) he ran into the 56 and punched a hole into the back hatch.

Every time this guy helps out it costs me money.

There is no way he could pay to have it repaired, he can barley afford to feed himself. It will require several hours of work to take off the hatch and replace the skin, as luck would have it he had to hit the biggest part. He couldn't hit the small side piece, nooooo...

We try to help him out by giving him odd jobs to do, but the cost of this "help" is starting to get expensive....

After getting my blood pressure down, I thought I would post about it here so I don't go on a tangent...

I guess the only thing I can do is suck it up.

Man I must be getting old I didn't yell at him or anything....
Thanks for listening
Greg
Last edited by greg755 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Postby len19070 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Kill him...ya know you want to.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby greg755 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Len,

I don't like jail, but I thought about it for a fleeting moment.

I have to confess that I was down to my last nerve, and he was gnawing on it.

I got the 73 hi-lo going and the 62 metz going I just don't have time for this...

But I do have a plan, Since my shop is about an hour from the house and I really need one here, MAYBE I should just tell the wife that NOW I HAVE to build a shop here, so something like this doesn't happen again. :twisted:

I'll put a big sign on it that says "NO LENNY ALLOWED" ( not you that just happens to be his name too)
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Should I
Throw him in the river
Encourage my wife to run off with him
Make him pay for his crimes
Suck it up and let bygones be bygones
Adopt him and tell him its ok
=> Hope that he never reads this thread and ends up getting hurt by it because you obviously mean him no ill will.

He's probably never had anyone care enough about him to teach him to pay attention to all that he is doing when he's doing it, poor fella. :roll:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby dakotamouse » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Hard to say without seeing a picture of the damage. :thinking:

Where did you get it? We didn't get it, we built it!
Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:36 pm

len19070 wrote:Kill him...ya know you want to.
Len

Alright don't Kill Him...But hurt Him real bad! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can send Salvie and Little Paulie up there If you want.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby caseydog » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:44 pm

If it has really become a problem, I'm Italian, and I know people who know people, if ya' get my drift. 8)

Otherwise, start thinking FOR him. In other words, before you let him help you, think of all the possible ways he can mess it up, and then give him something else to do. ;)

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dakotamouse » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Sounds like this fellow is a Bad Luck Schleprock!

Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:29 pm

len19070 wrote:
len19070 wrote:Kill him...ya know you want to.
Len

Alright don't Kill Him...But hurt Him real bad! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can send Salvie and Little Paulie up there If you want.

Happy Trails

Len

...yeah...yeah...datsdaticket!!!.............................. 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby doug hodder » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Not to sound too "new age"...but sometimes silence can speak volumes over words....don't ever call him back to do anything and if he asks why you haven't been in touch with him..."I'm still doing repairs from your last visit". Maybe your wife can find someone else he can "help". :thinking: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:05 pm

:o Oh dear! I said to adopt him. That way you can lie about his age, and claim him as a dependent and get back way more than he costs. Tax deductions are in short supply around here. :R 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby greg755 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:53 am

First I just want to say that I am very impressed that this poll hasn't been locked. :)

Aunti M.: I didn't think about the tax breaks..

Sharon:, If you read my post again, I voted to "suck it up" I have no ill will towards this man, but I do not agree he is a "poor fella" we all make choices in life and lets just say he never said NO to the sixties.

My wife is always picking up the underdogs and trying to "help them" which is weird, when you meet her she seems to be an intelligent and pretty tough gal who doesn't put up with to much nonsense.

But in reality she always gets sucked into these people because she thinks she can help them or change them (you would think that after being married to me for 25 years, she would throw that theory out the window)

I would understand if the people were mentally ill or handicapped, but these are people who just make bad choices over and over.

You cant help someone unless they want to change, basically they just suck her in and take advantage of her good nature.

Casey Dog: This particular "project" of my wife, has been going on for 7 years, so I am past the point of thinking for him, I just don't have that much brain power left.

I actually did think about moving the 56 before he got started but I figured that since the 56 was a good 20 feet from where he was going and he wasn't using anything motorized, that it was ok....

But on the bright side I did find a $50 bill yesterday. (ok, so it was a 50 my wife dropped and it took me two hours in the cold rain but I still found it)
greg755
Grand Poobah

Postby dakotamouse » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:35 am

Hey Greg,
I think everyone knows you're just venting. The poll is over the top, just in fun, a way to let it go. :)

Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:08 am

Greg,

I'm one of those guys that thinks there are no such thing as accidents. Negligence yeah. Your ne'er-do-well acquaintance is allowed to go through life not being held accountable for his actions. It take a lot of effort and energy to take on a project person like that. Best bet is to just wait for his karma to catch up with him, and it will, that could be vengeance enough.

I wouldn't blame you if you decided to speed up his karmic fate. A jury might though. :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby greg755 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:28 am

Steve,

There in lies the rub...

I am a BIG Accountability person, but in this case how do you hold him accountable?

So once again he is off the hook with "I'm sorry it was an accident" Which I believe he truly means.

He is a really nice guy and the good thing is that he came in immediately and owned up to it, but on the other side of that coin, how hard is it to own up to something when you know that no restitution will be forth wit?

Problems are a way of life for this guy. He is 48 years old and hasn't figured it out so I doubt he will anytime soon.

Another good thing is that my wife just came home with about $200 worth of attachments for my Roto Zip and a new pressure washer (she works at Sears) and she sent the daughter over to a friends house for the afternoon, So I'm in a pretty good place now.

Just between you and me I was over it when she brought home the toys, but who am I to turn down an afternoon alone with the wife...
greg755
Grand Poobah

Next

Return to User Polls