Ride inside?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Postby caseydog » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:59 am

I would first have to find someone I trust to drive the tow vehicle with me in the teardrop. Most of the people I know would take that as an opportunity to have a lot of fun at my expense. The closest teardrop owner I know is Planovet, and he's a cat (and an aggie), so there is NO WAY I'm gonna' get in my TD and let him tow me around. :no:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:02 am

I made love in the back of a DIY moving van while a buddy and his girlfriend drove !

Does that count ?

To this day I LOVE railroad tracks :shock: :D
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby planovet » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:09 pm

caseydog wrote:I would first have to find someone I trust to drive the tow vehicle with me in the teardrop. Most of the people I know would take that as an opportunity to have a lot of fun at my expense. The closest teardrop owner I know is Planovet, and he's a cat (and an aggie), so there is NO WAY I'm gonna' get in my TD and let him tow me around.

:yes:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Jst83 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:28 am

My boys have I should have ask them how it was. Of coarse we were only traveling 2 MPH during the parade :lol:

Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 pm

:twisted: One of those things. Kinda like getting around to weighing it........ :oops:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby RICHARD FURROW » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:23 am

Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
Rob this is such good advice. As I have said before, I had a massive stroke in April2009, and lost nearly my entire left side. No arm Function, but I do walk with a hemi walker. At this time, I just can't see how it is possiple to build a teardrop now.
I had a 1956 Ford truck I wanted to restore. I had it for 19 years.I sold it because I could not do it any good, plus I needed the money.
I am so Blessed because of my family, friends and church support. and from God, because I still reside on the green side of the grass. I just want people to take your advice to heart. But I realize for many, including myself, life does get in the way
Do not assume you have plenty of time, as I was 49 years old,with no recognised health problems. You just never know
I don't ask for pity, just prayers.
Ricky
RICHARD FURROW
Teardrop Master

Postby caseydog » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:03 pm

planovet wrote:If you are just checking out the ride, then it should not be a problem. But I would not recommend it on a regular basis. Just don't get caught :lol:

One could always put a cat back there for a few hours of driving on country roads, and see what happens to it? :thinking: :twisted:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:29 pm

bobhenry wrote:I made love in the back of a DIY moving van while a buddy and his girlfriend drove !

Does that count ?

To this day I LOVE railroad tracks :shock: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby 48Rob » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:46 am

Ricky,

No pity, just prayers.

I've watched, since childhood, people work hard and save preparing for the big day they will retire and "enjoy" life...

I watch men work in the office of their business from early in the day, to well after nine at night, building, planning, designing their future, all the while too busy to enjoy today.

I watched my own father work hard, eat right, walk 5 miles a day, really trying hard to have a good quality life, and he did.
He took time every day to enjoy.

A stroke out of the blue 7 years before his death left him unable to get out of bed in his last 4 years.

Walking, living, loving life one day, and then boom, it is as it was no more.

Life comes with no guarantees.
Live your dreams today, for there may be no tomorrow.
________

Since you are unable to build a tear, perhaps you can buy one...
Each time we meet a wall we cannot climb, we must not forget that walls have gates...

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby hotrod » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:25 am

48Rob wrote:Ricky,

No pity, just prayers.

I've watched, since childhood, people work hard and save preparing for the big day they will retire and "enjoy" life...

I watch men work in the office of their business from early in the day, to well after nine at night, building, planning, designing their future, all the while too busy to enjoy today.

I watched my own father work hard, eat right, walk 5 miles a day, really trying hard to have a good quality life, and he did.

A stroke out of the blue 7 years before his death left him unable to get out of bed in his last 4 years.

________

Each time we meet a wall we cannot climb, we must not forget that walls have gates...

Rob

Lost a good freind to a atv accident a couple years back, bust his butt , only had 2 more years to a well earned retirement. gone.
Right now I have a freind who at 58 was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, they cant do anything about it, doctors gave him 6 months.
Hes got a good family and alot of freinds. BUT he spent every last waking moment at work. work work work work. He lived for it. now I guessing he wishes he would have enjoyed life a little bit more. we share a birhday and we would sometimes go fishing togather on our birthday. (our company has a mandatory day off the week of your birthday, nice!).
Now going fishing without him on june 22 just isnt going to be the same. I dont know if I will ever fish on the 22nd again. It will always be bills day.
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby High Desert » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:30 am

48Rob wrote:Ricky,

No pity, just prayers.

________

Rob

Well said Rob. Well said indeed. :thumbsup:
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Muggnz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 am

when riding in your TD, don't forget to take into consideration the extra weight you're subjecting it to , when evaluating the ride.

david
Muggnz
Crybaby

Postby 2bits » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:32 pm

48Rob wrote:Lot of exhaust from the tow vehicle can find its way into the tear... least thats what I remember most from my "ride".
:thinking:

I haven't but I want to purely from a scientific perspective thinking about my TV bouncing around on the bed. but to the Quote, I notice my teardrop definitely stinks of exhaust bad if I leave a window or roof vent cracked. I still need to air it out a bit even with them closed once I get home. I think cruising through the park at low speed for just a little bit would be ok and fun tho.

CD I'll trust you if you trust me if you are interested.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Previous

Return to User Polls