Sinks

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

About my galley sink...

I don't have one and I'll tell you why...
25%
I set a bowl or tub on my counter when I want a sink and I'll tell you why...
27%
I have a sink installed in my counter and it's located next to a side wall and I'll tell you why...
32%
I have a sink installed right in the middle of my counter and I'll tell you why...
2%
I have a sink set up somewhere else and I'll tell you why...
5%
Yeap... I got the undercounter sink, the flush counter top cover plate and I'll tell you where it is & why...
2%
My sink setup isn't mentioned here, so I'll eplain it to you...
7%

Total votes : 44

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:12 pm

Wow... This is an old thread.
I have two sinks and I haven't made up my mind yet on which one I'm going to go with. :lol:
(Bought them on Ebay before the bagpipe fiasco)

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:01 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Wow... This is an old thread.
I have two sinks and I haven't made up my mind yet on which one I'm going to go with. :lol:
(Bought them on Ebay before the bagpipe fiasco)
See if I can find another one in the achives that I can bring back to life. You know something that was posted way back in the beginning when there was only a few of us on the board. That might be a kick with all the new membership (in the last year). Opps, there I go, getting off subject. Hope George doesn't read this. :lol:

Have a good day

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:20 pm

I'll take a look myself too.
You know... Maybe we could do a featured post from the archives every once in a while...
I was going to bump up one of the earlist threads from way back a few weeks ago just to see if anyone noticed, but I got sidetracked. :lol:

Postby kajamelu4 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:33 pm

I have a sink mounted close to the left side because........ that's the way the guys at Camp-Inn build em'.

By the way, I use it all of the time, for dish washing, and hand washing. And it's a good place to haul things that may slide around on the counter, or might get messy.

And I like reading the old posts, since I wasn't here when they were new. :)
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:47 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:I'll take a look myself too.
You know... Maybe we could do a featured post from the archives every once in a while...
I was going to bump up one of the earlist threads from way back a few weeks ago just to see if anyone noticed, but I got sidetracked. :lol:

"Golden Oldies Posts" Gems from the past, or the "thread that wouldn't die. :D That sounds pretty good to me.

Oh BTW, I have ebay sink set up. 15X15X6 sink, jabsco pump, 10 gallon tank, I have a cutting board for the top too.

Steve in St Augustine
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby len19070 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:12 am

I had a Sink & running water (via a hand pump) in one of my tears and found it to be an obsticle. It cut my counter space, clogged one of my cabnets, and yes once it leaked and got all my bedding wet. And I found I didn't use it very often either. Also you can't get a sink big enough in a tear to do anything with anyway.

A Rubbermaid tub and water jug on a good TV tray, or just on the end of the picnic table.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby cracker39 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:43 pm

At the moment, not planning on a sink in my TTT. I may later put one in, and if I do, it will be a small one on the right side of my galley countertop. Even then, not sure I'll install a water tank, but may use a 5-6 gal water carrier instead. I would have it drain through the floor into a wheeled disposal tank under the trailer.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby darkroomsource » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:45 pm

I use a tub set on the counter - the kind you normally put in your sink at home. I do this because
a. I can use it as a drawer/storage and put it wherever I want when I'm not using it as a sink.
b. when it's not on the counter as a sink, I have more counter space.
c. I can put it on the picnic table, with another tub - they fit inside each other for storage - and have two sinks for washing/rinsing dishes
d. I can put the sink under the water tank - which is mounted above the counter in the galley, or I can put it wherever I want in the galley
-- Andy Hughes
My Teardrop
<><
Grace Happens
darkroomsource
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to User Polls