Time for a new trip How do you prepair

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Time for a new trip How do you prepair

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:42 am

Food, supplies, Camping list one on the net or personalized.
When you get ready for a camp.
what do you keep on hand instant oatmeal, tea, picknic stuff, small containers of unopened Catchup, packets of mayo & sugar, box of surving ware, D.O. inserts, Ice in the freezer, Charcal in a can, extra camp fuel, wood, 3 sets of BBQ tools (we keep mis placing them).
These are things we keep handy

Then it off to the store. We start thinking camping 3 wks ahead watching sales, we start looking for minitures at stores like personal goods, we might go to the meat counter or we might wait until we are driving then stop off and pick up fresher meat then.

We use 3 or more coolers. one with a block of ice at the bottom (usually come back with half still there, back in the freezer it goes.) (some use Dry ice). We try not to open it keeping it closed most of the time. One for picnicing and daily use. one for beverages. We have a container that holds foods in dry packages like teabags, and we use dog food containers for pans and cook ware (they have side doors and can be stacked so you can gain enterance without moving the box above.)

What do you do. or how have you simplified this process
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby SandyD » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:26 pm

I pack the back of the truck in spring ~ and unpack in winter :lol:

Right when I get home, I load up the things I may have used up (Coffee & Rum mostly) but possibly plates or paper towels, garbage bags.

Wash the bedding and towels and reload them right away.

Only thing I really pack for the trip is the cooler and my clothes. And half the clothes never seem to get out of the bag from the last trip. Heck, half the food never gets eaten either for that matter (I travel single so I get fed a lot).

:applause:
Sandy

It's the Little Things that Getcha !!
ImageImageImage
SandyD
Teardrop Master

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:25 pm

That is why we have the tear, it is packed and the only thing needed is clothing camera and food and it is ready to go.
If we are boon docking what will be needed generator if lots of shade/clouds, and maybe the satellite dish, water pump and extra hose to suck out of streams or lakes. (filters stay in the tear).
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to User Polls