Function or Forum

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Why have you chosen a Teardrop or Tiny Travel Trailer?

Are you building a Teardrop or Tiny Trailer because they "Look" Cool, Period like, Retro.
5
19%
As a way to upgrade from a tent.
0
No votes
Or as a very functional unit.
7
27%
both 2 and 3
13
50%
Post opinion, Don't vote Does "Cool" enter into the equasion at all
1
4%
 
Total votes : 26

Function or Forum

Postby len19070 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:27 pm

This topic has come up in a scuttle manor many times.

Are you building a Teardrop trailer because they "Look" Cool, Period like, Retro.

As a way to upgrade from a tent.

Or as a very functional unit.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
User avatar
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club
 
Posts: 3054
Images: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: S.E Pa. Morton

Postby teardrop_focus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Are you building a Teardrop trailer because they "Look" Cool, Period like, Retro.

As a way to upgrade from a tent.

Or as a very functional unit.


I would have to answer yes to all three questions! :D


I consider myself to be a "car guy". Anything with wheels interests me, actually. Building a tear (in the back-arsewards way I seem to be doing it) is a way for me to build a custom vehicle without having to spend upwards of $40K.
For merely +/- $4K I can have a cool-looking (one that pleases me, anyway) and practical vehicle. One where I am responsible for how it is built and for it's appearance. These types of projects, if they come off well, can be recognized by other teardrop trailer builders and appreciated all the better.

Sleeping up off the ground on a mattress is an added luxury when camping, and the fundamental teardrop trailer floorplan has always been a very functional unit.

A wonderful added function of a teardrop trailer, however, is that it can serve as the family's Emergency Kit, say, when living in regions prone to natural geological or meteorological phenomina... this is yet another reason that I am building mine (I live in earthquake country).

Good questions, Len.

:thinking:



This topic has come up in a scuttle manor many times.


You may wish to clafify what it is exactly that you're trying to say, here.

:lol:
.
Image

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898


Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
User avatar
teardrop_focus
Donating Member
 
Posts: 5975
Images: 127
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: SoCal

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Ahhh Lenny,

I build little trailers for the same reason you do..... because chicks dig them.... 8)
Steve
User avatar
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club
 
Posts: 4903
Images: 196
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:46 am
Location: Albuquerque New Mexico
Top

Postby len19070 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:Ahhh Lenny,

I build little trailers for the same reason you do..... because chicks dig them.... 8)


I'm with ya Steve.

At my age, use everything ya can.

To young to die, to old to Rock & Roll.

I'll vote COOL every time.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
User avatar
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club
 
Posts: 3054
Images: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: S.E Pa. Morton
Top

Postby starleen2 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Functional - I attend a lot of retreats where there is dormitory style lodging. I really don't want to hear other preachers snoring - neither do they wan to hear me either - so i bring my camper and sleep soundly. it's also cool to camp in too! 8)
User avatar
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club
 
Posts: 16256
Images: 48
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 8:26 pm
Location: Pea Ridge ,AR
Top

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm with you, Starleen! Last retreat I went on had plywood bunks 3ft x 6ft. I'm 6'4". When in short space, I tend to sleep on my back and bend my knees. Not only do I snore, but this position appears to amplify the problem! I slept well, but nobody else did... :(
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures

Image Image
User avatar
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member
 
Posts: 3618
Images: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Top

Postby len19070 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:I'm with you, Starleen! Last retreat I went on had plywood bunks 3ft x 6ft. I'm 6'4". When in short space, I tend to sleep on my back and bend my knees. Not only do I snore, but this position appears to amplify the problem! I slept well, but nobody else did... :(


starleen2 wrote:Functional - I attend a lot of retreats where there is dormitory style lodging. I really don't want to hear other preachers snoring - neither do they wan to hear me either - so i bring my camper and sleep soundly. it's also cool to camp in too! 8)


Not to be rude, or stupid.

All you were looking for is another place to sleep?

The Retro thing had nothing to do with it?

Happy Trails

Len
Last edited by len19070 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
User avatar
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club
 
Posts: 3054
Images: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: S.E Pa. Morton
Top

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:45 pm

len19070 wrote:
Cliffmeister2000 wrote:I'm with you, Starleen! Last retreat I went on had plywood bunks 3ft x 6ft. I'm 6'4". When in short space, I tend to sleep on my back and bend my knees. Not only do I snore, but this position appears to amplify the problem! I slept well, but nobody else did... :(


starleen2 wrote:Functional - I attend a lot of retreats where there is dormitory style lodging. I really don't want to hear other preachers snoring - neither do they wan to hear me either - so i bring my camper and sleep soundly. it's also cool to camp in too! 8)


Not to be rude, or stupid.

All your looking for is another place to sleep?

The Retro thing had nothing to do with it?

Happy Trails

Len

BTW, thanks to the guy who voted on #4 where it said "Don't Vote"


Not rude, or stupid. My "teardrop" is a weekender, so it does not get the attention the "real" teardrops get. If I get to build a second one, it will be a teardrop for sure, a 2+2 is what I'm thinking at the moment, like Wolfgang's. :thumbsup:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures

Image Image
User avatar
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member
 
Posts: 3618
Images: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Top


Return to User Polls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest