Propane or White Gas, which do you think is safer?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Which do you feel more comfortable using based on your perception of safe?

White gas appliances
35%
Propane appliances
65%

Total votes : 48

Re: Propane or White Gas, which do you think is safer?

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 am

slowcowboy wrote:danny. if you want to pack extra white gas along do like i do. its a big pain in the butt to fill a coleman lantern from a tin gallon can of the stuff. I pour my white gas into a red plastic portalble fuel bottle. the ones bought in the sporting goods stores for back packers.

they hold enough for one re-fill on most lanterns and are a lot easer to pour from than a gallon can.

I pack a bottle or two of this in the form of the portable fuel bottles.

slow

Thanks for the tip Slow but so far I haven't run out of gas during a trip with my lanterns.
If I do run out, they sell it in handy plastic bottles at Walmart and other stores that I can save & re fill.
I understand it's illegal to cross state lines with refilled disposable bottles of propane so I don't refill them. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Re: Propane or White Gas, which do you think is safer?

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 am

slowcowboy wrote:danny. I don't think theres a way a cop can tell if you re-filled that bottle or bought it. they all look the same. and for me its just another epa law that is not top of the line with enforcement now days.

most cops are not going to pull you over for speeding than go back and demand you open your teardrops hatch and check thing out then if they pick up a green can how can they tell if you bought it or re-filled it?????????

its just one of them things that is so stupid. that if your doing the speed limet and theres no cause to stop you with working head taillights and curent license plates.

no cop in his right mind is going to stop and pull a teardrop over to see if the bottles are re-filed.

when you re- fill them they look just like a store bought one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres no possible way to prove you re-filled it.

if it bothers you take a barbaque bottle along.

me I don't even blink or think about it.

slow

Slow, Since I'm no expert or official as to the "Why" so I'll give them the benefit of doubt that their must be a reason for laws like this.
To pick and choose what laws to abide by or to ignore will sooner or later (the latter) come back and bite us in the back side.

I have no interest in refilling one, I can afford a new bottle .
It's a non issue with me.
I'm not going to risk life or property for a few dollars.
Just my opinion. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Previous

Return to User Polls