Minimalist or everything but the kitchen sink?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

When you pack up to go, what is your style?

Minimalist--I take only what is necessary.
21%
Everything but the kitchen sink.
8%
Used to take too much, but have streamlined.
15%
If I might need it and have a handy spot for it, I take it.
47%
Travel partner and I have different styles.
9%

Total votes : 66

Postby doug hodder » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:45 am

If it's just me going camping and not with others, I do fine and use what I bring. Where I get into trouble is when camping with a group...everyone else drags along a DO or a waffle iron etc...and chances are, I don't use all my stuff as we end up with family style meals. Now I just figure, there will be a DO for me to use if I need one. My real problem is dragging too many stoves or lanterns, but I can heat all the water for dishes/showers and light the place well! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby GlamperGirl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi Pat, excellent question. We have owned our Little Guy 5 wide for almost 1 year and I think we are still learning about what to take... we have no children but have lots of hobbies! :lol: MountainBiker of course needs the bike (and assorted gear). We own a canoe and like to fish. We take the dog with us and so there is a dog crate and leashes, etc. And I hate to be cold or wet so there is probably too many clothes packed. Last year we borrowed some camping things and slowly we are picking up things as we learn more on this great forum and in speaking with others at campgrounds. I would like to refit the galley of the LG to make it more storage/kitchen friendly so I am currently looking at the pix of galleys for inspiration.
"Not all who wander are lost."
J.R.R. Tolkien
GlamperGirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby tearhead » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Steve: How does it make me feel? No one can MAKE me feel anything in particular! I choose to feel virtuous, though I do have a bloody tongue from biting it. :lol:

Glampergirl, I can relate! There is much room for improvement in our galley arrangements!
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:54 pm

tearhead wrote:Steve: How does it make me feel? No one can MAKE me feel anything in particular! I choose to feel virtuous, though I do have a bloody tongue from biting it. :lol:

Virtuous. A good choice. I too take along many things I deem unnecessary for making camp. and when I am moving them, arranging them and cursing them, damned if I don't feel virtuous as well. Thanks. ;)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:24 pm

;) If it don't fit, don't take it....I have a big TD! And a truck! ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Previous

Return to User Polls