To insulate or not to insulate, that is the question.

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Did you insulate your walls.

Poll ended at Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:04 pm

No
28%
No but I wish I had.
No votes
Yes
69%
Yes but I have since decided I didn't need to.
3%

Total votes : 36

Postby Oldragbaggers » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 am

Shadow Catcher wrote:Becky one thing to remember is that the sun is directly over heard for a relatively short period of time the rest of the time the sides get direct sun as well.

Good point, Shadow Catcher. And I am definitely open to learning from you folks who have been at this a longer time, so I will take this under advisement.

I am planning on awnings, which I plan to make myself. A dining fly off the galley, an awning on the curb side and a cabana room for changing and such (read that porta potty) off the other side. I would think those would keep the sun off the sides pretty well, but please educate me if I'm wrong.

Becky
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby greekspeedoman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:52 am

I did insulate on my first build. However, my second build I only did the roof with a 3/4" wall. I've camped below 10 degrees and above 100 without problems. If you're worried about the walls sweating, then just put a little auto carpet on them as insulation.

I've found that having the insulation in the roof really helps on a hot day in direct sunlight. Insulating the roof only adds a few pounds and seems worth it to me.

When you have to leave a vent or window open for ventilation anyhow, then why insulate? Just take a thicker blanket.
greekspeedoman
Donating Member

Previous

Return to User Polls