Trailer & TV weights at-a-glance database ?

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Trailer & TV weights at-a-glance database ?

Postby working on it » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Too hot (105 in the shade at 2pm) outside today to do much else, so here's a proposal. I've wanted to compile a database of what members of TnTTT are towing (or still building), what they are towing with, and the weights involved in doing so. I've tried to make an Excel spreadsheet for listing those weights for all to see and compare to what they see in the pictures and build logs and in person at gatherings. A quick, at-a-glance look at what works. It might help/reassure builders that are still planning/constructing their trailers that there is no one way to do it, nor any absolute values to match. Just what is being done, what has been done, and what works for others.There is so much going on in these pages, it's hard to take in all the info available, and not lose sight of what your build goals are/were/will be. If I knew then what I've learned since I started my build, then I would've done differently (so I say!). My initial weight goal was <1000 lbs; I think I'll be over 25%, but may be wrong (estimates), so I am listing my stuff as it sits now. I am attaching the spreadsheet I made, and maybe one of you computer wizards can make it into an update-able sticky for others to use and input data, or if not, just report your data in this thread for me and others to see. Thanks. Have not been able to attach the spreadsheet. Will continue to try. If interested, just continue posting data 'til it works (darn'ol HP!
Attachments
tnttt weight file (locked).xls
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Last edited by working on it on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Trailer & TV weights at-a-glance database ?

Postby Maureenm » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:11 pm

It is successfully downloaded! Just in case you werent sure if the rest of us could see it. :thumbsup:
Maureenm
Donating Member

Return to User Polls