after camping storage

Here's where we keep the polls, and anyone can start a poll!

Back home from a camping trip how do you keep those camping things

1. It is all organized and in the trailer ready for us to turn around and go camping anytime.
14%
2. Organized :NC people do that?
2%
3. most of the stuff stays in the trailer only our clothing and a few other things go in
45%
4. my garage has a special place for me to put things for different types of camping or events.
9%
5. below are pictures of my organized camping storage area other then my trailer.
No votes
6. My pulling unit has storage that is removed and in storage until next time
5%
7. The only place I have to keep it is in my trailer
5%
8. We pull it all out clean it and put it all back in the trailer
11%
9. I am working on becoming more organized
9%
10. I have several trailers se below to see what I do
No votes
11. see below
No votes

Total votes : 44

after camping storage

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:11 pm

ah home after that long run to the IRG. Now I just have to unpack and :? wait does everyone unpack or do they have special places to put stuff or do just the bags of clothing and things that need to be cleaned and put back stay there.

What do you do?

In my case I have a shelving for most of it. The back half of the trailer mostly stays. In my case I pull with a small car and so I have to put things on top of the bed and tie it down.
so in over night stays I have to move those things to the car and lock them in. and sleep in a tight area, until we get to the place where we will stay more then 2 days.

That in part, why I am building a new trailer. But I also need to get a wagon or SUV so I cam stop and sleep without discomfort or lost time.

so I thought I would ask you folks what your world is like.
Ron

P.S. you can change answers as you change and can make up to 9 answers.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: after camping storage

Postby citylights » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:34 pm

My teardrop stays packed with camp gear and full kitchen inside when in storage. We just need to add food and clothes when we go camp. Generally when we arrive home, I remove, clean, and repack everything.

I am storing more than I like on the teardrop bed. (Camp chairs, 12x12 pop up awning, camp table, food storage bin, and a couple other odds and ends.) I had originally intended to put those on the roof rack, but found that really bad for gas mileage and the teardrop won't go in my garage loaded like that. I only have 2 or 3 inch clear between roof rack and garage lip.

So far we have only gone on weekend or long weekend trips. If I go for a week or more with a lot more gear, or maybe a canoe, then I will use the teardrop roof rack.

If we pull in to camp late, I just throw everything on the bed out on the ground and crawl in to sleep. I set up camp in the morning. I have not found the need to transfer it to the car and lock up.
citylights
500 Club

Postby working on it » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:43 am

I picked choice #2...the only things needed to pack are the cooler with drinks, and the second cooler with perishable foods (I have canned goods already packed, and four changes of clothing aboard). I haven't yet used the water I bring along (14 gallons, maybe unnecessary for two day trips?, with plenty of bottled water on ice and park water available), but I freshen it up every three months. The only hassle is to put the trailer back in the garage bay (it's not easy to back the trailer 120 feet uphill- between trees 7 feet apart-, turn 75 degrees, and back a further 75 feet downhill). Impossible to do on gravel/sand by hand, so I pull forward just past the turn, unhitch, put the jack down on the "sand foot", and turn the trailer around. Then I back the truck around the trailer, attach my home-made push bar,119804 and push the trailer into the garage bay. Takes about 10 minutes, but is a lot easier to do than when I'd return from dragracing with the Chevelle (usually way after dark- as late as 3 am). Same driveway, but I'd have to unload the car from the trailer, out in the crowned 1.5 car-width street first. I'd then drive the Chevelle into the garage from the street, followed by backing the trailer into another location. Sorta woke up all the neighbors, everytime :lol: :lol:. My bad. For some odd reason, the neighbors prefer seeing me using my Tiny Trailer in lieu of the Chevelle.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby pmspirito » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:20 pm

I keep almost everything for being on the road in my TT. Other than a few clothes and perishable foods my TT is ready to go at all times.
see my cargo trailer build at viewtopic.php?t=45197

Peter Spirito
www.peterspirito.com
pmspirito
Teardrop Master

Return to User Polls