My Take on The Campster 12

Member designs created in Sketchup or other cad program

My Take on The Campster 12

Postby burley-td » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:38 pm

I brought it down to a 10' length with a 5' width. I tried to keep within traditional lines, but with slight changes.

The front bubble has a 31" radius so it takes up the whole height, the top radius on the rear is 16" and the bottom is a 13". It results in a small hatch, but I'm aiming for a small lightweight trailer, preferably a Foamie. With that in mind I figured that this design should work pretty good.

Let me know what you guys think, I'm happy with it so far. Starting work on the galley and placement of the wooden spars needed for lateral stability. As far as trailer is concerned I want to go with a HF 4'x8'. The bottom part that mates up to the trailer on this plan though is 5'x6.5' so would I be able to make it 2' shorter or should I go with a custom built job? Oh and this was drawn in Autodesk Fusion 360, I prefer this over SketchUp as I've had years in it. Thanks guys :peace2:
burley-td
Teardrop Inspector

Re: My Take on The Campster 12

Postby KCStudly » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:08 am

Is it for towing with a motorcycle?

I would eliminate the little peak where the front radius transitions into the sloped portion of the roof. Continue the front radius around just enough so that the slope is tangent to both the front and rear radii. The lines will flow much better that way.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby burley-td » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:06 pm

I have a small 4 cylinder car, and that peak is tangent to both radii. Not sure why it came out that way. Thankfully I'm still in the design stage and can remedy this.
burley-td
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KennethW » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:17 pm

I think if you put a big radii of the top it would made it stronger. With the HF trailer on the form some were I person use 5 foot angle iron and cut and welded the axle for a 5" without fender wells. Just a thought.
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Sketch up designs