what type of paint

Finishes, paints and coatings

what type of paint

Postby es009d7705 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:26 pm

:worship: Hi Evan here from Scotland, that place where it is wet, miserable and rains all the time. I would like to ask if anyone knows a good paint that I could use to cover epoxy resin. I am having to redo my tear as I used the wrong type of fibreglass resin and paint which allowed water penitration resulting in osmosis and delamination of the ply. As I live in Scotland the type of paint as opposed to the make would be better,
thank you,
Ev
es009d7705
Teardrop Advisor

Re: what type of paint

Postby Rick Tyler » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:42 pm

I'd be looking into locally-available 2-part marine paints. If it works on boats, it should work in Scotland.
Rick Tyler
Teardrop Builder

Postby es009d7705 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Thanks for the reply I had an idea it would be something like that but just wanted a second opinion,
Ev :thumbsup:
es009d7705
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Julius » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:40 pm

es009d7705 wrote::worship: Hi Evan here from Scotland, that place where it is wet, miserable and rains all the time. I would like to ask if anyone knows a good paint that I could use to cover epoxy resin. I am having to redo my tear as I used the wrong type of fibreglass resin and paint which allowed water penitration resulting in osmosis and delamination of the ply. As I live in Scotland the type of paint as opposed to the make would be better,
thank you,
Ev

Two-part marine paint over two-part primer per manufacturer specs, thinned accordingly and applied as directed for best results. Follow epoxy prep instructions.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Julius
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Skinning secrets