the HOBO HILTON

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Postby aggie79 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Looking good as usual Tony. I really like the stove/oven and may have to think about using one.

Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Anthony J Grant » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks Tom!

T.G.I.F After a above averag hard week I have been given the news that I'm gitting Layed off starting Mon. :x Lets see how much I can get done before the money runs out! :cry: Wish Me luck. :roll:
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?

Tony G.
the HOBO HILTON
Anthony J Grant
Teardrop Master

Postby Juneaudave » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Crap...hope everything works out.... :(
Juneaudave

Postby High Desert » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Juneaudave wrote:Crap...hope everything works out.... :(

+1. Good luck Tony.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bve » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:09 am

Oh man, sorry to hear that Tony, I hope things turn out OK for you.
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:14 am

Anthony J Grant wrote:Thanks Tom!

T.G.I.F After a above averag hard week I have been given the news that I'm gitting Layed off starting Mon. :x Lets see how much I can get done before the money runs out! :cry: Wish Me luck. :roll:

That sucks... Good luck on your job search.

Mike...

Posted: Jan. 30, 2010
Underemployment at 21.5% for Michigan in '09

BY CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER
ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama said in his State of the Union address on Wednesday that "one in 10 Americans still cannot find work." But in nine states, the figure is closer to one in five, according to Labor Department data released Friday.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:04 pm

When our president gave his state of the union speech, this week, he said that putting Americans back to work was the #1 priority this year. So, let's hope you find another job just before the money runs too low. Meanwhile, your teardrop is looking mighty fine; it's almost done; and you're going to have extra time to work on it!

(By the way, you might be able to use your build journal address or just some of your pictures, etc. as a spring board to your next job. Things like that demonstrate that you are intelligent and hardworking. The pictures make the interviewer sit up and take notice and set you apart from the crowd. I once landed a job, hands down and overnight, by including my gardening/landscaping experience with pictures of some of the yards included in the application cover letter.)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Anthony J Grant » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:47 am

Thanks everyone, I do need to explain a little further so I dont attract any undue sympathy, My layoff is suposed to be a temperary thing, 2,3,6 weeks. My company has had rolling layoffs for a wile now with several job eliminations. I'm one of the lucky ones, I have a job I've just los my income fo a while. $>

Tony G.
the HOBO HILTON
Anthony J Grant
Teardrop Master

Postby bbarry » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:29 am

Anthony J Grant wrote:Thanks everyone, I do need to explain a little further so I dont attract any undue sympathy, My layoff is suposed to be a temperary thing, 2,3,6 weeks. My company has had rolling layoffs for a wile now with several job eliminations. I'm one of the lucky ones, I have a job I've just los my income fo a while. $>

Hey, that's better than the alternative! I'm really glad to see companies doing this where they can. Reminds my of my Grandpa telling me about Santa Fe in the Depression. They had crews that worked 3 days one week and 2 the next, but very few people were laid-off entirely.

Just caught up with your build after having missed it for the past several months. Things are looking great!

Brad
Brad

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Kampster build thread
bbarry
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:53 am

Oh, good, Tony! That is definitely a relief to know. I once worked for a company where my manager had actually been working during the depression. (...dating myself.) He told me that what that company did then was cut everyone's salary (He didn't say how much.) so that nobody had to be laid off. Everyone at that company had a job and an income through the entire depression. I doubt that would work in this 'one-for-one-&-none-for-all ' age, today! Your company probably did the best thing it could. I hope you had advance warning so you could prepare a little.

Make good use of your "free" time. We expect to see :pictures: :EXP
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:12 pm

Anthony J Grant wrote:Thanks everyone, I do need to explain a little further so I dont attract any undue sympathy, My layoff is suposed to be a temperary thing, 2,3,6 weeks. My company has had rolling layoffs for a wile now with several job eliminations. I'm one of the lucky ones, I have a job I've just los my income fo a while. $>

While that sounds really good compared to the alternative, few of us could make it without pay for 2, 3 or 6 weeks. I pray you are able to find ways to make a little extra to span the time!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby aggie79 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:53 am

Tony,

I'm sorry to hear about your work situation. I try to be "glass half full" person and think a better economy will return.

I know where I work, they considered both furloughs and/or 10% pay decrease going into this year. So far, things have stayed the same.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 am

There is a difference between this economic disaster and the Great Depression: The majority of the credit system was developed at the end of the depression, to help the economy. Back then, most people owned their homes outright. Today, many people are just one paycheck away from not being able to make their house payment. We have some smart people on Capitol Hill. Let's hope they can pull us out of this.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Prem » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Tony,

The Hobo Hilton is beautiful. VERY fine work! :cheerswine:

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Anthony J Grant » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Thank you All for your kind words and support! :worship:

I was called back to work today! Yaaaaaay! :dancing :moom walk: :dancing

I did manage to get a little work done on the H/H, upper cabinets are in less the doors. Pics to follow.

Tony G.
the HOBO HILTON
Anthony J Grant
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Traditional Designs