Plans ordered from Kuffel Creek

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Plans ordered from Kuffel Creek

Postby Freedom II » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:41 am

Well, I just ordered Kevin's CD-ROM for the Comet along with my 5x10 3500# trailer. Should begin the build sometime in mid-July. My intent is to build an off-road, but most of all functional trailer. I am very excited and anxious to get started. Wish me luck...

Morgan
Last edited by Freedom II on Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading it in English thank a veteran.
Freedom II
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Michael W » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:40 am

Welcome to our world, you're committed now. This was my first step. Kevin Hauser's plans are a good starting point and it was nice dealing with him when I had a question. By the way, have you checked out his backpacking guide? It's a good read. Have fun with your build.
Michael W
Teardrop Master

Re: Plans ordered from Kuffel Creek

Postby Geron » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:36 am

Freedom II wrote:Well, I just ordered the CD-ROM for the Comet along with my 5x10 3500# trailer. Should begin the build sometime in mid-July. My intent is to build an off-road, but most of all functional trailer. I am very excited and anxious to get started. Wish me luck...

Morgan

That's the way I started. Downloaded his book, printed it out and bound it in a comb binder. I'm building the Chubby and got started back on it today after about 4-6 weeks of just "letting it go."

You'll like Kevin's book. It's is invaluable as a guide book to an excellent TD. Already thinking about my "next" one :? :roll: :thinking: :worship:

G
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Freedom II » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:47 am

Thanks Michael, I certainly am excited about project "Freedom II." I keep dreaming up ideas to incorporate into the build and I haven't even seen the plans. BTW, I did read a bit Kevin's guide. Being in the Army for the last 17 years, I have seen my share of countless miles with Alice. Alice is a nickname for our rucksacks.

Michael W wrote:Welcome to our world, you're committed now. This was my first step. Kevin Hauser's plans are a good starting point and it was nice dealing with him when I had a question. By the way, have you checked out his backpacking guide? It's a good read. Have fun with your build.
If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading it in English thank a veteran.
Freedom II
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:59 am

...FII, now that you have bought plans, I say "welcome to the asylum", being as we live in the same area if you need advice on material sources or just whatever, gimme a holler either here, PM or Email and I will help all I can
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Freedom II » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:19 pm

Right on... Thanks jack 8)
Freedom II
Teardrop Inspector

Postby larryl » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:20 pm

FII:

Welcome, I purchased the Cubby and have been very pleased with Kevin's details, especially the shop drawings. Not certain of the Comet door design, but I would have modified the Cubby to eliminate the tight radius.

I believe you will find this group great for any questions or advise.

Larry
larryl
Teardrop Master

Postby gdog » Tue May 01, 2007 6:01 pm

Been looking at the Kufflecreek site. It looks pretty good. Question- anybody built the Comet on a 5' wide trailer? I don't weld and find the Redtrailer 5x10 to my fancy. Thanks.
gdog
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Fatfenders » Thu May 08, 2008 7:56 pm

I've gone a long way until now - where has this site been? And I've been a member for a while - wish my memory was as good as it used to be. Looks like a lot of great info ... glad to be here.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/fatfenders/teardrop.htm
Fatfenders
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Stephen M (Ethesis) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Freedom II wrote:Well, I just ordered Kevin's CD-ROM for the Comet along with my 5x10 3500# trailer. Should begin the build sometime in mid-July. My intent is to build an off-road, but most of all functional trailer. I am very excited and anxious to get started. Wish me luck...

Morgan

Ah, the Comet is a 5x10 design then?

Thanks.

http://www.kuffelcreek.com/teardrop_plans.htm doesn't make that clear.

Thanks.
Stephen M (Ethesis)
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Sparksalot » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Stephen M (Ethesis) wrote:
Ah, the Comet is a 5x10 design then?

Thanks.

http://www.kuffelcreek.com/teardrop_plans.htm doesn't make that clear.

Thanks.

More of a case of it's a "by 10" design. I made mine into a 5x10, but the original 1947 inspiration was a 4ft trailer. It could be taken to 6ft if you desire.
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gerdo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:52 pm

That's how I started my TD build. I used very little out of the plans but the info and how they go together was indespensable. Mine doesn't resemble a Comet in the least. With the info from the KC plans, seeing some local teardrops and the Q&A here on the forum it all came together.

Welcome!
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Stephen M (Ethesis) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:04 pm

Gerdo wrote:That's how I started my TD build. I used very little out of the plans but the info and how they go together was indespensable. Mine doesn't resemble a Comet in the least. With the info from the KC plans, seeing some local teardrops and the Q&A here on the forum it all came together.

Welcome!

That is interesting, thanks.
Stephen M (Ethesis)
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Joanne » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:08 pm

madjack wrote:...FII, now that you have bought plans, I say "welcome to the asylum", being as we live in the same area if you need advice on material sources or just whatever, gimme a holler either here, PM or Email and I will help all I can
madjack 8)

FII,

You can do a whole lot worse than having MJ for a mentor! He puts out a nice trailer and has some great techniques. Having someone to help you through some of the tough points can be a real advantage.

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Stephen M (Ethesis) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:47 am

Freedom II wrote:Thanks Michael, I certainly am excited about project "Freedom II." I keep dreaming up ideas to incorporate into the build and I haven't even seen the plans. BTW, I did read a bit Kevin's guide. Being in the Army for the last 17 years, I have seen my share of countless miles with Alice. Alice is a nickname for our rucksacks.

Michael W wrote:Welcome to our world, you're committed now. This was my first step. Kevin Hauser's plans are a good starting point and it was nice dealing with him when I had a question. By the way, have you checked out his backpacking guide? It's a good read. Have fun with your build.

I'll be following your progress, keep posting here.
Stephen M (Ethesis)
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Traditional Designs