Oregon approval

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Oregon approval

Postby Hotroadster » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:03 am

I have been told that any homebuilt trailer has to be built from a set of "Approved" plans and then needs to be inspected by an Oregon Building Codes Inspector and receive a sticker/label before it can be registered with DMV. I have also been told it is costly and very slow to get a set of plans approved. Does anyone know if there are any plans that have been approved by the state of Oregon Building Codes Division and which ones they are?
Hi, I have always thought the teardrops looked good and would like to have one. Currently working on my 1928 Model A racecar. I expect to do more camping in the future and would like to have a small but comfortable way to do it.
Hotroadster
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:30 am

What kind of trailer are you trying to build?

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Oregon trailer

Postby Hotroadster » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:38 am

I want to build a traditional styled teardrop. I want one that is wide enough to be a queen sized bed, long enough to have a closet in the front end of the interior and have a simple but complete galley. So I am guessing something with a trailer body about 5x10. But I don't want to have to go through getting new design approval from Oregon State Building Codes Department. I have been considering trying to locate an older teardrop needing complete rebuilding as it would already have been approved.
Hi, I have always thought the teardrops looked good and would like to have one. Currently working on my 1928 Model A racecar. I expect to do more camping in the future and would like to have a small but comfortable way to do it.
Hotroadster
Teardrop Inspector

Postby alaska teardrop » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:43 am

Hotrod - check this thread http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=5555 posted recently in the Northwest Forum. Fred :snow
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Oregon Teardrop

Postby Hotroadster » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:51 am

Thanks. That seems to answer my questions. Better yet, I sent Glenn Anderson an eMail since he lives in the same city as I do. I hope to go over and look at his as well as ask questions.
Stephen Sebastian
Hotroadster
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:01 pm

Aw, again I'm late. The first thing I was going to do was look for that thread because I had remembered reading something about the same problem. Any ways glade you got your answer Stephen. Glenn will probably be more than happy to help out in any way.

Have a safe Thanksgiving.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to Traditional Designs