jelly belly in the tampa bay area

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Isalvus » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:40 am

Has the meeting been nixed? Fort Desoto would be perfect they have a huge parking lot there
Isalvus
Teardrop Master

Postby Bobgorilla » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:05 am

We're waiting for Del to get back from Alabama, today or tomorrow I think. And then he has to decide where he wants to do it. I agree Desoto would be good but it not really centrally located.
if you're not bleeding you're not really working
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

Postby Isalvus » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:33 pm

OK, keep my informed if you don't mind
Isalvus
Teardrop Master

Postby Bobgorilla » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:54 pm

Isalvus wrote:OK, keep my informed if you don't mind

np, I'll pm you when we have a definite plan :thumbsup:
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

Postby Lynn Coleman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:30 am

I'd love to come down there and visit with you all but I don't see how at this point in time.

Are any of you going to Little Talbot in Feb?

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby del » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 pm

I am back from alabama, desoto park seems like a good place. Maybee someone who has been there can pinpoint a meeting spot.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Bobgorilla » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:30 pm

del wrote:I am back from alabama, desoto park seems like a good place. Maybee someone who has been there can pinpoint a meeting spot.

del

I've been there but not for awhile. There are 3 large parking areas, North Beach, The Fort and East Beach. I've always gone to North Beach and that would be fine but I'm open to other suggestions. There is also a pet beach but the parking area isn't very large, in case someone would want to bring a pet.
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

Postby del » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Bobgorilla wrote: I've been there but not for awhile. There are 3 large parking areas, North Beach, The Fort and East Beach. I've always gone to North Beach and that would be fine but I'm open to other suggestions. There is also a pet beach but the parking area isn't very large, in case someone would want to bring a pet.
Having driven by the park about four times in my life, and never stopping, north beach sounds fine. How about 11am on saterday the 26th of jan at the north beach parking area of desoto park.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Bobgorilla » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:55 am

del wrote:
Bobgorilla wrote: I've been there but not for awhile. There are 3 large parking areas, North Beach, The Fort and East Beach. I've always gone to North Beach and that would be fine but I'm open to other suggestions. There is also a pet beach but the parking area isn't very large, in case someone would want to bring a pet.
Having driven by the park about four times in my life, and never stopping, north beach sounds fine. How about 11am on saterday the 26th of jan at the north beach parking area of desoto park.

del

:thumbsup: Sounds good, I'll take a ride out there this weekend and make sure nothings changed since the last time I was there.
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

Postby Isalvus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:08 am

No nothing has changed. North Beach is definitely the best are and the largest. Pets are ok in the parking lot and I think at the picnic tables, just not that beach. The doggy park is nice but not nearly as big. I'll be there if you guys are going to spend some time there. I couldn't get there till close till 3, if you plan on being there for a while let me know. Is anyone going to the RV show this weekend?
Isalvus
Teardrop Master

Postby Bobgorilla » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:23 am

Its up to Del, I should be pretty flexible on time, If he wants to make it a little later or stay longer it's fine with me. I haven't made up my mind about the RV skow yet but I'm leaning towards either today or not at all
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

Postby Isalvus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:38 am

I'll do whatever, nobody needs to wait for me. De Soto's only around the corner for me so it's no big deal either way
Isalvus
Teardrop Master

Postby del » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:07 am

Isalvus wrote:No nothing has changed. North Beach is definitely the best are and the largest. Pets are ok in the parking lot and I think at the picnic tables, just not that beach. The doggy park is nice but not nearly as big. I'll be there if you guys are going to spend some time there. I couldn't get there till close till 3, if you plan on being there for a while let me know. Is anyone going to the RV show this weekend?
The time of day is not important to me, I just put a time out there, so if the group wants to meet later in the afternoon that is fine with me. So does 2pm sound like (with some showing up at 3pm) a workable time?

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Isalvus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:18 am

2's good for me. This'll be my first gathering (of sorts). Are we expecting a crowd?
Isalvus
Teardrop Master

Postby Bobgorilla » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:29 am

So far as I know its the 3 of us. If Del doesn't mind I'll start a thread in General Discussion and Off Topic to help spread the word a little more
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast