SPRING FLING AT THA HOLLER *2009*

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:03 am

Okies are always welcome :D as well as, any one who enjoys group camping :thumbsup: I will double check to make sure that we have enough sites blocked out, if not, I'll block a few more out. So far we are looking at about 18-20 trailers........not a bad way to kick off the camping season.

Looking forward to meeting you two,
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:57 am

This is what we have listed, so far. If you are still planning on attending, make your reservations soon. We just blocked out the last of the availible sites in our area and there weren't too many left. Just give Janet a call at 336-982-2706 and visit the web site http://www.raccoonholler.com/

The NEW RIVER is just a few minutes down tha road from the campground, so if yur into canoeing, plan on spending some time on tha river. The water level is up, for change. The campground lake is fully stocked and ready for fishing. It is a private lake, thus no permit is required.

37 - L Phillips
38 - McNeill
38A - Wade
39 - Desrosier
40 - Wade
41 - Maurer
42 - Dodgens
43 - Anderson
44 - York
64 - Hansard
65 - Lock
66 - Hodgen
68 - Driver
68A - Kelley
69 - Davis
71 - Watts
72 - Weingarten
8P - Lyon

In the next week or so, we will get the meal plans posted. See ya soon.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby NCrado » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Joy & I made our reservation last week. See you guys there!
I know, my vent's bass ackwards!
NCrado
Teardrop Master

Postby tomfell » Fri May 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Stephanie and I picked up our Yoder Toter last week so we've made reservations to join ya'll on Friday and Saturday. This will be our first gathering and even though our tear has alot of work to be done...we're looking forward to being there.

I just wanted to pass along some info about the Blue Ridge Parkway that I just heard today. They're working on a bridge just north of Blowing Rock so if your traveling north on the Parkway you have to get off at the second Blowing Rock exit and take Hwy 321 to Boone and get on Hwy 421 and follow the sign back to the Parkway. It's a slight inconvenience and shouldn't be too much of a round about.

Also, for those who aren't aware the Parkway has been closed for some time between Craggy Gardens almost all the way to Mount Mitchell and it is in effect closed from Asheville to Mount Mitchell. So for the south and I-40 it's best to take Hwy. 321 from Hickory to Boone to 421 to the Parkway

See ya'll there,
Tom ( of Tom & Stephanie)
If we live in fear of banjos, then the banjos have won.
tomfell
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ross Wade » Sat May 02, 2009 7:01 am

Thanks Tom for the update about the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is always some stretch of it closed somewhere :lol: If it's not due to downed trees from a major ice storm, it's a rock / mud slide or road / bridge repairs :?

See ya 'round tha campfire,
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby jplock » Sat May 02, 2009 7:57 am

tomfell
Thanks for the directions I will follow it instead of google map route, this will be the last leg of a 15 hour drive from Oklahoma. Donna and I look forward to meeting everyone on the starting weekend of our vacation.
jplock
:) :) :)
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby NCrado » Mon May 04, 2009 7:07 pm

free bump......i'm really looking forward to this event, we've never done any group camping before, can't wait to meet everyone and get away for the weekend!
NCrado
Teardrop Master

Postby Ross Wade » Wed May 06, 2009 6:52 am

As for the Saturday Night Pot Luck....We will have our large 2' x 6' grill for everyone to cook thier own GRILLIN' EATS for themselves ( steak, shrimp, ribs, vegetables or whatever you are craving for ) and bring a SIDE DISH to share ( enough to feed your crew and 2 more people) . This Communial Grill idea has worked great for the past 5 years and it has caught on to a few of the northern chapters. We will have the grill hot and ready to start cooking on by 6:00pm, this way everyone should be able to eat around 6:30.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone again. See ya next week and drive safe.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby BobR » Wed May 06, 2009 7:16 am

Hey Ross...you and Carla won't be consumming any alcohol at this event will you? Have a great time and I hope to camp with you guys again soon.
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Wed May 06, 2009 7:27 am

ALCOHOL :D OF COURSE NOT....WELL MAYBE A LIL'L BIT :twisted:

We will be in St Augustine in November again. Hope to see ya there, Bob.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Bob Dodgens » Fri May 08, 2009 11:32 am

:shock: Alcohol: Somebody Think we're a bunch of heatherns :? ; Well we know :worship: none of this crowd would do anything like that. :roll: :twisted: Now if Woody and Ellen were coming, things might be different. 8) 8) Bob & Brenda
The Streaks, Relaxing Naturally
Bob Dodgens
Donating Member

Postby Bob Dodgens » Fri May 08, 2009 11:42 am

BobR wrote:Hey Ross...you and Carla won't be consumming any alcohol at this event will you? Have a great time and I hope to camp with you guys again soon.
Hey Bob, You could come on up and join us, then we could celebrate the folks from Celebration. If not here we'll see you at Anastasia in Nov. Bob & Brenda
The Streaks, Relaxing Naturally
Bob Dodgens
Donating Member

The Sunspot is ready for launch

Postby Sunflower40 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 pm

I just called the campground and they locked me in at site 70 and 70A. Will be bringing the "MooseFamily" with us. We each have new haulers so we are looking forward to see how they will do. The Lil Yellow truck had to go :cry: . Are there activities we need to prepare for: group dinner, etc ?
Brian & Lisa
Sunflower40
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ross Wade » Sun May 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Hey Brian and Lisa, Here is the posting again, about the Saturday Night Pot Luck:

As for the Saturday Night Pot Luck....We will have our large 2' x 6' grill for everyone to cook thier own GRILLIN' EATS for themselves ( steak, shrimp, ribs, vegetables or whatever you are craving for ) and bring a SIDE DISH to share ( enough to feed your crew and 2 more people) . This Communial Grill idea has worked great for the past 5 years and it has caught on to a few of the northern chapters. We will have the grill hot and ready to start cooking on by 6:00pm, this way everyone should be able to eat around 6:30.

See ya soon,
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby NCrado » Sun May 10, 2009 9:26 pm

How 'bout some ideas for side dishes.
NCrado
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast