Pictures are up - "Women in Tears Gathering" 2/3-2

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Lindahun » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Becca, my sister will be coming with me Saturday night. I was thinking of bringing something like a meatloaf and a couple of loaves of homemade bread. Open for suggestions, since I don't cook a lot.

Thanks,
Linda
Lindahun
Teardrop Advisor

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:29 am

Lindahun wrote:Becca, my sister will be coming with me Saturday night. I was thinking of bringing something like a meatloaf and a couple of loaves of homemade bread. Open for suggestions, since I don't cook a lot.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda that sounds wonderful! Glad you are bringing your sister along too!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby TheresaD » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:41 am

:applause: Hey Becca! Congrats! It's looking like you're going to have a really nice gathering of folks for Women in Tears. I must admit I'm more than a little jealous that you will all be camping in warm temperatures next weekend. If you were a little closer I'd be down there to join you in a heart beat. I've seen enough snow this winter to last me for quite a while. :snow It's only 49 days 'til Spring and, given the winter we've having here, we're gonna need at least that many days for things to thaw out! Can't wait to get back out camping again. Have a blast next weekend and think of me and my little trailer hidden behind the snow banks up here in New England. Can't wait to see pics from your gathering!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby evane » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 am

Becca,
What about disposable plates, cups and plasticware? I'll be happy to bring them.
You've been doing a lot of planning for this. Anything else I can help with.

Mike
evane
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Lindahun » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:27 pm

The weather in the Ocala area is just wonderful this week end. Hope it's as nice next week end.
Lindahun
Teardrop Advisor

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:05 pm

TheresaD wrote::applause: Hey Becca! Congrats! It's looking like you're going to have a really nice gathering of folks for Women in Tears. I must admit I'm more than a little jealous that you will all be camping in warm temperatures next weekend. If you were a little closer I'd be down there to join you in a heart beat. I've seen enough snow this winter to last me for quite a while. :snow It's only 49 days 'til Spring and, given the winter we've having here, we're gonna need at least that many days for things to thaw out! Can't wait to get back out camping again. Have a blast next weekend and think of me and my little trailer hidden behind the snow banks up here in New England. Can't wait to see pics from your gathering!

T, just pack a bag and come join us! The weather is supposed to be in the uper 60's during the day and 40's at night. Couldn't ask for nicer weather! ;) I'll take lots of pictures of all the beautiful trailers and post them. Wish you could join us!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:06 pm

evane wrote:Becca,
What about disposable plates, cups and plasticware? I'll be happy to bring them.
You've been doing a lot of planning for this. Anything else I can help with.

Mike

Mike, that would be great. No one has put that down on the list yet so I'll put you down for that. Thank you!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Lindahun wrote:The weather in the Ocala area is just wonderful this week end. Hope it's as nice next week end.

Linda, it looks like it supposed to be in the mid to high 60's during the day and mid to low 40's at night. Wonderful camping weather!!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Caravan

Postby Lou Drop Inn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Becca,
It looks like I will get only Friday off -- so I won't be in the caravan for Thursday. I will, however, be arriving on Thursday night -- but it will be a late arrival. I'll get the combination to the gate so I can get in!
Put me down for banana bread on Saturday and I'll probably do some other type of side dish -- not sure what yet, but will let you know.
Lou Ann
Lou Drop Inn
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Sounds good on the food part. Sure wish we could have caravaned. We will leave around noon, get some groceries then head to the campground.

Hubby, my weatherman, tells me we might have showers on Friday and possibly Saturday but nothing in stone. I hope it passes over. If not, we'll just hunker down and do some visiting.

Almost time!!!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:27 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Sounds good on the food part. Sure wish we could have caravaned. We will leave around noon, get some groceries then head to the campground.

Hubby, my weatherman, tells me we might have showers on Friday and possibly Saturday but nothing in stone. I hope it passes over. If not, we'll just hunker down and do some visiting.

Almost time!!!

We good hunkerers :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:Sounds good on the food part. Sure wish we could have caravaned. We will leave around noon, get some groceries then head to the campground.

Almost time!!!

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:51 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:

Almost time!!!

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Some of us much better than others.... ;)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 am

Yaaay!!! It's camping time!!! :banana:

I am so ready to camp and see my camping buddies and new faces! I am making name tags for everyone but don't feel like you have to wear one....totally up to you.

I am looking for a "Corn Hole" game. The one we built here at the office was stolen from the back of my boss's truck!! Not a big deal to have a game - we will have lots of trailers to tour, bikes to ride, pictures to take, food to eat, conversations...

Anyway, any last minute questions or suggestions? We plan on being there around 3:00 tomorrow if all goes well. Waiting to hear from Fran to make sure she can get a flight out today from Denver.

Yaaaay...It's camping time!!! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby bmacke » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 am

Becca,
I obviously didn't get a campsite reservation and unfortunately haven't finished the tear yet. I was thinking maybe the wife and I could come up on Saturday to visit anyway.
I don't want to feel awkward just showing up for the day without anything and we've never been to one of the gatherings before.... is there anything we can bring? things we need to know?

Thanks,
Brian
bmacke
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast