Pictures are up - "Women in Tears Gathering" 2/3-2

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:43 pm

bmacke wrote:Becca,
I obviously didn't get a campsite reservation and unfortunately haven't finished the tear yet. I was thinking maybe the wife and I could come up on Saturday to visit anyway.
I don't want to feel awkward just showing up for the day without anything and we've never been to one of the gatherings before.... is there anything we can bring? things we need to know?

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian! Please do come up for the day and if y'all want to stay for the potluck (6:00ish) you are more than welcome! Bring your walking shoes and a camera - there will be a lot of trailers to tour.

Send me your wife's name and I'll make you both a name tag. Look forward to seeing y'all there!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby bmacke » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:52 pm

Thank you! Her name is Angie. We'll get there as early as we can. I can't wait.

See you then.

Brian
bmacke
Teardrop Advisor

Postby P'colaTear » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Becca:

I will be leaving Pensacola early tomorrow morning and plan on being there 2ish. I will be making an appetizer for Friday night and can make a green salad also for Saturday. How does that sound? I am very excited as this will be my "first" gathering. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some pointers on some teardrop repairs I need to make.

Five more hours of work then off to camping mode :applause:
P'colaTear
Teardrop Builder

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:13 pm

bmacke wrote:Thank you! Her name is Angie. We'll get there as early as we can. I can't wait.

See you then.

Brian

:thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:16 pm

P'colaTear wrote:Becca:

I will be leaving Pensacola early tomorrow morning and plan on being there 2ish. I will be making an appetizer for Friday night and can make a green salad also for Saturday. How does that sound? I am very excited as this will be my "first" gathering. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some pointers on some teardrop repairs I need to make.

Five more hours of work then off to camping mode :applause:

Good deal! I'm excited too but also sad - Fran, my camping sidekick couldn't fly in from Denver to go camping with me. She just got back from Fiji and came down with Bronchitis. She called today and was so sick. :( But that's ok - I'm packed and ready to hit the road by noon.

Looking forward to seeing everybody! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 pm

THIS IS JAMIE REBCCA'S DAUGHTER IN-LAW SHE HAS HAD A BLOWOUT ON 75 NORTH THERE IS DAMAGE TO THE TRAILER BUT SHE IS OK. SHE IS HAVING IT TOWED AND HOPEFULLY FIXED TODAY. STEVE SHE WILL TRY TO CONTACT YOU SHORTLY. SHE WILL BE CHECKING EMAIL BY PHONE IN A LITTLE WHILE.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:THIS IS JAMIE REBCCA'S DAUGHTER IN-LAW SHE HAS HAD A BLOWOUT ON 75 NORTH THERE IS DAMAGE TO THE TRAILER BUT SHE IS OK. SHE IS HAVING IT TOWED AND HOPEFULLY FIXED TODAY. STEVE SHE WILL TRY TO CONTACT YOU SHORTLY. SHE WILL BE CHECKING EMAIL BY PHONE IN A LITTLE WHILE.

Jamie,
Thanks for letting us know. I talked to Becca, two new trailer tires and a big hole in the bottom of the wheel well on the camper, but she will be there in a little while. Just really glad Becca is OK that is the important thing.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Wow!...what an awesome gathering this weekend! :thumbsup: I had such a great time! Got to see my ole' camping buddies and meet some new, great people. Thank you all for such a wonderful time! And, thank you for all the concern and help with my little blowout problem.

I'll go through the photos tomorrow and get them posted.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:52 pm

I agree Becca, Awesome weekend. Met a lot of really nice folks for the first time and got to see good friends we have camped with many times. The Powder Puff ladies were entertaining and fun as usual, Thank you. Between the episodes of rain and looking at all the trailers we managed to miss spending time with everyone we wanted to see. Lynn and Paul, we missed you at the potluck.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:43 pm

We had a great time too. Unfortunately Corky sprained his ankle and Paul and I were feeling very tired so we pulled out before the pot-luck. It was nice seeing everyone.

We'll be camping two times in April and in May we'll start taking apart the Inkwell. Hopefully we'll have another trailer built for next year.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:01 am

I was wondering what happened to you guys. I made a pass in the parking lot earlier and saw the trailer and then went look for you at supper time and you were gone. :(

I'm sorry Corky has a sprain. I hope he gets better soon...such a sweet dog.

Paul and Lynn, thanks for your help with my trailer. We got the wheel well covered with the mat and it stayed intact the entire time. Great idea! :thumbsup: And Paul, thanks for fixing my little heater - I used it all Saturday night!!

The ride home was much nicer than the one there but I was still a little nervous. I stopped twice to check the air and everything was good. Now have to get my ducks in a row and get-er' fixed. ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:07 am

Becca, I'm glad you got home safely and that the mat worked. It was fun thinking creatively in Walmart to come up with a cheap but durable solution. Corky is walking around but being careful of his leg. He's not jumping up or down from the bed or furniture. He's waiting for Mommy or Daddy to lift him up. Hmm, he might get to liking this spoiling stuff, as if he's not already spoiled. :lol:

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby zapj » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Thank you so much Becca for your work in organizing the gathering. As you know this was my first and it was exactly what I was looking for when I started my build. I had a wonderful time not only camping at a great SP but most important was meeting so many nice people. Now that I have been able to meet some of the people on the forum and see their campers I'm looking forward to many more happy days camping. Steve, the Gypsy was awesome and I'm glad I got to see it in person before a possible sale. Lynn and Paul, thanks for the card game but plan on teaching me again on the next trip. :) Brian and Angie should be pumped and inspired to complete their build after this past weekend. Again, thanks to everybody and I'm looking forward to many more encounters in the future
zapj
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Thanks for the gypsy trailer comments, I enjoyed seeing you and your tiny trailer as well. BTW you are much better looking in person.. :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby zapj » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Hey Steve....aren't we all! 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
zapj
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast