Anyone camp regularly?

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Anyone camp regularly?

Postby 225 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:34 am

Looking for folks that use their camper at least once a month.

Mine is near completion, and I will be camping at least once a month. Year round.

Anyone doing the same?
Teardrop Master

Re: Anyone camp regularly?

Postby Roo Dog » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:10 am

Possibly not as often as once a month but we often tow it on day trips just in case we decide to camp overnight.
It is also used as overnight accommodation on some of our longer non camping trips such as visiting relations on trips that take more than one day.

Take it easy.

RD
Lets do a three sixty and get out of here !
Roo Dog
Silver Donating Member

Postby RevBill » Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

.. been following your build over on the ADV site .. well done ..
RevBill ..
On the road less traveled there is no toilet paper, taking that will make all the difference.
RevBill
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GerryS » Mon May 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Typically in the warmer months (apr-sept) well go once a month, usually just after work on Friday, then come back early on Sunday. During the summer, well usually slip one week long trip in....

that's the longest we've camped. 6 days consecutively. Although I'd like to spend two weeks just rambling around the southwest....perhaps Route 66....I'm thinking about your neck of the woods this summer...don't know about the heat and bugs though :). I need some sunrise cafe....

I get more relaxation and "head clearing" out of the weekends....there's something about living on teardrop time...
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GuitarPhotog » Mon May 27, 2013 11:11 pm

I've managed to camp in my trailer once a month during the dry season (May through Oct.) the last two years I've had it. Mostly I do mid-week 3- and 4-day trips within a couple of hundred miles of home.

This summer I've become more prepared for wet weather camping and hope to extend my camping season by a month or two.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Verna » Tue May 28, 2013 6:37 am

17 nights (21 days) so far this year. One night for the Hoosier Shiveree in January, one night Easter weekend, 12 nights (15 days) in late April to early May in the Southwest, and 3 nights (4 days) two weeks ago for the Hoosier Spring Tearjerker gathering. That's already more than I camped all last year!!
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Emmitt » Fri May 31, 2013 6:10 pm

Have one a TD in the works, when I get it ill look you up...once a month sounds good 8)
Emmitt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby stevem » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi Emmitt,

Yes my wife and I go once a month. We just finished our teardrop last fall and have found time to venture out. We both have scouting back rounds. Our boys went monthly during their scouting days.

I have found that the calendar pages turn over quickly. We set the date and plan around that time.

Steve
Memphis
stevem
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GerryS » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Stevem, you said it! Get the dates on the calendar early. It's easy to say "no, not that weekend" than it is to try to sneak saw for a weekend...
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby pappaw » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 am

Now that I have (almost) finished our rebuild, :hammerhead: we have been camping every weekend, :vroom: and plan to unit it just gets too darn hot. :sweaty: Then we plan to restart camping in the fall as soon as it cools off again, and camp until it gets too cold. :snowstorm:

:beer:
Image Cheers from Granny, Pappaw, and Cocoa (the Dachshund) Image
pappaw
Teardrop Master

Postby PaulS » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 pm

I thought I was excessive going two to three times in a month. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one :D is that considered obsessive :thinking:
PaulS
PaulS
Teardrop Master

Postby GerryS » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:59 pm

PaulS wrote:I thought I was excessive going two to three times in a month. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one :D is that considered obsessive :thinking:

I wish could go every weekend! Fact is, weekends are too short and life goes on. Grass still needs cut etc..

I havnt been out for 2 weekends...tis will be my 3rd. I'm starting to twitch....
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby coop74 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:03 pm

about 30 night in just under a year. Is that regular enough (one long trip that was 7 or 8 days)
Robert "Coop" Cooper
coop74
Teardrop Advisor

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:38 am

I've been using mine about every other week since March, sometimes with 3 weekends in a month. After a long week in the office I can't think of a better way to relax than to hit the road.

My trips are either boondocking trips with friends or Tearjerker's gatherings, and its even been used as a place to sleep so I don't have to drive home after a party.

I think my record so far is 5 weekends in a row. Always have an awesome time, but even I needed a weekend to rest after that! :FNP
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby Fyddler » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:25 am

Normally I camp almost every weekend starting in July through September, and a couple trips in May and June, and at least one trip in the winter (usually a "Man Weekend".

This year we are a bit behind because we sold our 26' trailer and been busting butt getting my tiny trailer camp-able.
To err is human, to really foul up requires a computer

Build Log: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=55017
Fyddler
The 300 Club

Next

Return to Southeast