Teardrop Camper Rental

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Teardrop Camper Rental

Postby jloehle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:01 pm

I would love to build and use a teardrop camper but want to make sure it is right for us before putting int the time and money. Therefore I would like to rent one for a weekend and see how it fits us.

We live on the coast of Georgia. So we are also close to SC and Florida.

If anyone knows about rentals in this area, please let me know.

Joe
jloehle
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Teardrop Camper Rental

Postby tony.latham » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:36 am

jloehle wrote:I would love to build and use a teardrop camper but want to make sure it is right for us before putting int the time and money. Therefore I would like to rent one for a weekend and see how it fits us.

We live on the coast of Georgia. So we are also close to SC and Florida.

If anyone knows about rentals in this area, please let me know.

Joe

Not much help here, but find Little Guy RV dealers down there. See if they'd rent you a 5-wide.

T
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby jloehle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:47 am

Thanks Tony. I just contacted 3 Little Guy dealers that were closest to me (though almost 200 miles away). At least they are in the direction we would head for camping usually.

Was hoping to find something else. Maybe around the Atlanta or North Georgia area. I've really got the itch to build one of these, but the wife and I both think it is a good idea to try one out first.

Joe
jloehle
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:27 pm

jloehle wrote:Thanks Tony. I just contacted 3 Little Guy dealers that were closest to me (though almost 200 miles away). At least they are in the direction we would head for camping usually.

Was hoping to find something else. Maybe around the Atlanta or North Georgia area. I've really got the itch to build one of these, but the wife and I both think it is a good idea to try one out first.

Joe

I think the rental is a good idea. Building one is a big project and will run a few thousand bucks (2-4?) and take a fair amount of time. Last summer I heard my wife say "I love this thing" while cooking breakfast. Of course I asked her what she was talking about. She said, "Our teardrop." I built one for my sister and her husband. I've heard her several times say she loves hers. Personally, I try to refrain from claiming I love something that can't love me back. My maybe Flash does?

I'm sure there's people out there that say they love their 30' fifth wheel with three slide outs. That'd drive us nutts. There's a piece of of the pie for all of us.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby flapolla » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:14 pm

We're not interested in renting our 2007 Pleasant Valley 5x8 teardrop...but we live in Savannah and you'd be welcome to come take a look, climb inside, etc.
flapolla
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Southeast