Working on the Decor-Part One

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Working on the decor

Postby deleted » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:05 am

I ran into a similar noise scenario while staying at a KOA cabin last fall. Nice guys but so loud! Even when they moved inside their cabin they were laughing so loud I could hear them from mine. Taught me to never forget to bring ear plugs in the future.

Good to know about the denim. That'll save me some experimenting as I can go straight to it for my blackout curtains.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Backroads4me » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:08 am

Got the mesh wall pockets hung up. Had Bob cut some masonite, spray painted gloss black for a backing. Thought that would be a little easier on the eyes, considering the windows and doors are dark. I'm almost wanting to paint the wall under the window and around the wall pocket black, as it would then match the door area better---but then maybe I better not. Got one more little project for the interior, then it's on to reconfiguring the galley.

Last edited by Backroads4me on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Oldragbaggers » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 am

Your interior looks very nice. Like the wall pockets!! Where did you get the net? I was pricing some ready-made ones and they seems to be pretty pricey. It doesn't seem like it would be a hard project.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby Backroads4me » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:29 am

Becky,

I bought them from this seller on Ebay, here's a current auction/buy it now---they also come in white.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seat-Back-Mesh- ... 1c3154738e

Deb
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Backroads4me » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 am

Wanted to use up some of the scraps from my curtain project and came up with these ideas. Have two nylon bags for toting stuff, one to be used for galley items, one for the border collie camping supplies---so sewed the Route66 fabric on the galley bag (have border collie fabric for the dog's bag, will sew that one later). Trimmed out the black and green dish towels too.

Still waiting for decent weather so we can haul the TD out of the garage, set up the 10X10 canopy and get started on my changing/loo room.

Last edited by Backroads4me on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby Zollinger » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 am

:ok: I don’t normally post in here , but I have to say that what you did to the towl and bag is a really good idea and looks great!
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Backroads4me » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Here's the photo of the "official BC camping supply" bag. I got the fabric on Ebay quite awhile ago, the nylon pocketed, zipper top bag from Walmart ($6.97 in the ladie's department). Bag comes in 4 or 6 different color combinations, mostly spring colors. The pockets are big enough that you could put a 2 liter soda bottle in each one. The dog's dishes, food, treats, leashes, toys (we can't forget the Frisbee!),tethers, towels (both BCs love swimming), etc. fits nicely in the bag. I like to keep everything organized, this will ride in the bed of the truck.

Last edited by Backroads4me on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby deleted » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:21 am

Love watching your progress. It's coming together so nicely! And for what it's worth I think the natural wood around the wall pocket looks great. :thumbsup:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rebapuck » Thu May 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Have you started on the changing room yet?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Backroads4me » Sat May 18, 2013 7:46 am

rebapuck wrote:Have you started on the changing room yet?

Hi everyone :) Haven't started on the changing/loo room yet. With the weather having been crappy on my days off, I've left "Solitude" in the garage and concentrated on spring cleaning and other projects. This week I helped Bob get the gardens cleaned up from their winter sleep. We do have the "loo" done and ready to go:

I'm hoping the weather will be nice on my next two days off (middle of this week), I'll get started on the room then :)
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers