"Falling Tears" at Davis Creek, NV September 19, 20, 21 2013

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Re: "Falling Tears" at Davis Creek, NV September 19, 20, 21

Postby down under tech » Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 am

Hello Cathy: I will put you & Leo on the list. There are only two spots left now. Glen & Shelley need to get their request in asap to be in the group. We can not go over 25 teardrops. If anyone else needs a spot after we are full, they will need to get a space in the regular camp sites in the park.
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

"The Silver Nugget" Build
viewtopic.php?t=35314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby dano » Tue May 21, 2013 8:43 am

Bad news for us but good news for someone that wants in.
Work just got in the way and we will NOT be able to make Falling Tears.
We will miss everyone. Have a great time.
Dan & Mindy (Dano)
[email protected]
Morgan Hill Ca.
dano
Donating Member

Postby Canyondwellers » Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi everyone -

We have just ordered our teardrop from Glenn at Hickory Nut Campers and have just today joined the group. We are located in Reno and would love to have the opportunity for a "maiden voyage" close by and with a group of like-minded folks! If you have room for one more trailer, please include us!

Andre & Wendy Urruty
"Canyondwellers"
Reno, NV
Canyondwellers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby nevadatear » Fri May 31, 2013 8:53 am

Andre and Wendy, Johnny will chime in soon to let you know you are certainly welcome if there is still space, if not, just get a single space close by and come on over all day for the festivities. However, as another Northern Nevadan from Lovelock, welcome! We would also like to invite you up to Unionville, about 40 miles from Lovelock, next weekend, for our Twain and Tears gathering. You don't have to have your teardrop to come. Bring a tent, or at the very least, come up for the day, it is only a couple of hours from Reno and other than Falling Tears, it is the closest gathering around. Most all the No Nevada folks will be there, and it is a great opportunity to meet us and us you, and see 8 or so teardrops in the wild. We are great group growing every day. Again, welcome. Check out the Twain and Tears thread for more info.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby HickoryNutCampers » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi,
We would like to attend the Davis Creek campout in September, so please count us in! We went hiking there this afternoon. :)
Shelly and Glenn, Sparks, NV
HickoryNutCampers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby down under tech » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Hello: Sorry I have not been here lately, I have been in Las Vegas for three weeks. No not gambling, I was there to work! :fb
The company I work for has a contract with the State of Nevada and we work in Reno & Las Vegas. Our contract in Reno has been put on hold. So, I work in Vegas when they need me to so I can still live and pay the bills.

Dan & Mindy: Sorry you two can't come. But thanks for giving us a heads up. We will let someone else have your spot. :o

Andre & Wendy: You won't believe what just happened... We just had a cancellation. :cry:
You guys are now able to take their place at the "Falling Tears" gathering this year. :applause:

Shelly & Glenn: Let it be so number one, you guys are counted in. See you there.

It looks like we soon have to stop taking reservations to our first gathering here near Reno. We are at our close to our limit of 25 trailers. Only two spots remaining now. The cut off day to get your request in to attend will be the last day of June.

I just hope we can handle all of this and make this a memorable experience for everyone who attends. :frightened:
Last edited by down under tech on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Johnny,

I would like to have my name added to the list.... :D
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:02 pm

down under tech wrote:It looks like we soon have to stop taking reservations to our first gathering here near Reno. We are at our limit now of 25 trailers. Only two spots remaining now. The cut off day to get your request in to attend will be the last day of June.

I just hope we can handle all of this and make this a memorable experience for everyone who attends. :frightened:

Hey, Johnny! Just because the group spot only takes 25 doesn't mean there isn't room in the other, individual camper section! Is that area right next to the group spot or within a short walking distance?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby nevadatear » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Johnny, we sure missed you at Unionville. Check out the picture thread for what we were up to. We met another no. Nv couple from CC, there first trip out, Stuart and Wendy. Thy want to come too, if we didn't scare them away. They should be chiming in soon.
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby down under tech » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:16 am

Wolfgang: I have added you to the list. We look forward to you being here.

Debbie: We really wanted to come to the T&T gathering but, life got in the way this year. If you can get ahold of Stuart & Wendy, have them respond or PM me asap. There is one more spot open.

What Sharon said...
Hey, Johnny! Just because the group spot only takes 25 doesn't mean there isn't room in the other, individual camper section! Is that area right next to the group spot or within a short walking distance?

Once we meet our limit in the group site if anyone else wants to come up, the regular sites are $15 per night if my memory serves me right. It is first come, first serve in the park and you pick a site close to us and you are welcome to gather with us....
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby down under tech » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Hello Everyone. We now have our maxmimum 25 Teardrops signed up to attend this year.

Mike & Cindy will be bringing there newly built Grumman style teardrop.

Remember if you did not get your request in, if we have any last minute cancellations from the list of attendees, we will open their spot to some of the people that did not make the list on time. Anyone that wishes to attend since we are full in the group site will have to get a regular site in the park. You will be more than welcome to walk over and join us at the group site. This looks like it is going to be a great event. Thanks for all of you that showed interest in the first "Falling Tears" gathering. We look forward to seeing all of you there. Thanks you so much.
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:08 pm

By the way, Johnny, we plan on pulling in Thursday evening after work, most likely around 7ish. Shoot me a PM about whatever you want Randy and I to do. You know we are more than willing to help out anyway we can. This is looking like a fabulous gathering! So many newbies from NV and northern CA :thumbsup: :applause: .
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:23 pm

So had an idea while camping this weekend. Johnny and Terry, feel free to nix this, just a thought!

What about we do a group breakfast on Saturday? It can be done one of two ways:

Have everyone interested in coming pony up an extra 3-5$ per person, and we buy all the fixings, OR Let folks sign up for what they will bring. They don't necessarily have to cook it. I am sure if we put out the call, we will have a few folks take up the mantle to cook. For example, we have a waffle iron, I know Dan lott has a waffle dogger and I think Jerome may have one or the other or both as well. We could do waffles, eggs, meat of some kind and juice. We could have a few folks cook eggs, some on waffles, some on ham/sausage or the like. I'm pretty sure Sam will cook, and Kay.

What do you all think? As I said, just an idea for something a little different, since it is a smaller gathering. I would be willing to organize this if folks are interested.
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:29 pm

If I can get a bit of help with the groceries, I'd be more than willing to run an omelette station. I can run probably four burners at a time so I'd need someone's propane stove and some extra nonstick pans too but if the veggies and the meats are prepared in advance and the eggs are beaten ahead of time an omelette station is a piece of cake... Sign me up!!! Can't wait...

Since my wife is undergoing a total knee replacement at the end of the July and our combined schedules till then look like stink and considering that it takes about 6 to 8 weeks of rehab before she's able to go camping this could be our next trip. I plan on having a great time and look forward to spending a long weekend with a bunch of great folks!!!!
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:17 am

If somebody has this Walk the Winds setup, you'd have it made:

S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to South West