GLAMPING?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: GLAMPING?

Postby deleted » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi Miriam,

Sorry I must have missed your comment while I was on my shakedown adventure!

And just where is the IGW being held or is this an internet thing.

It's a real life thing. I'm sure as it gets closer to the date an event page will be added to the Facebook Group that lists all of the events held nationwide. That's how they did it this year.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Stacie Tamaki wrote:Hi Miriam,

Sorry I must have missed your comment while I was on my shakedown adventure!

And just where is the IGW being held or is this an internet thing.

It's a real life thing. I'm sure as it gets closer to the date an event page will be added to the Facebook Group that lists all of the events held nationwide. That's how they did it this year.

:D Thanks Stacie. I just posted it. I am still trying to catch up with the forum and get back to my normal life. :frightened:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:52 am

OK gals....

I have advance notice of the latest fingernail craze.

Nancy and Jenn are attending the CRA and will have them for sale.

Todd graciously allowed the trademarked images to be used..

Here is a peek.

Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy....

The little trailer is in 4 or 5 colors and the tearjerkers trademark is also included on the sheet of appliques.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby deleted » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:09 am

Very cute. LOL bobhenry I did know you're a camp chef but didn't realize you also had your finger on the pulse of the latest glamping fashion news :thumbsup:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby deleted » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Ah, just realized there is a direct link to International Glamping events that take place year round, not just the official weekend in June: http://internationalglampingweekend.com/gatherings.asp
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Nansplace » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Stacie you're joking but I have got his consent to apply one of the nail wraps on his thumb and use him as my "model" at CRA. That's gonna be a hoot to see mister macho man wearing nail wraps :D
Nansplace
Teardrop Master

Postby deleted » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Great marketing plan! EVERYONE Is going to want to see that :thumbsup: Sorry I won't be there to see it too. Please post pictures :lol:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Nansplace » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:31 am

I wish you could be there too but I definately post pics.
Nansplace
Teardrop Master

Postby deleted » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:47 am

I will definitely be there in 2015 so perhaps there will be an encore?
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Zipline65 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:49 am

Oh, ladies....I don't even have a Tear yet but I have started collecting my "glamped up" fixtures. I first heard about Teardrops about 4 years ago and it has taken this long to get my husband on board. We are currently planning a build for a Weekender but haven't given up on finding an affordable used one. I can't wait. I love this website and reading your posts.
Liz
Zipline65
Silver Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:44 am

Very nice to hear from you Liz, and welcome to the forum. I hope you find your perfect teardrop soon. Don't put off joining the fun for any longer than you have to. As far as husband's on board....mine wasn't convinced at first either, but I just went ahead and started building. He came around, and now he loves it.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Zipline65 wrote:Oh, ladies....I don't even have a Tear yet but I have started collecting my "glamped up" fixtures. I first heard about Teardrops about 4 years ago and it has taken this long to get my husband on board. We are currently planning a build for a Weekender but haven't given up on finding an affordable used one. I can't wait. I love this website and reading your posts.
Liz

I did a little of that, too. However, be careful what and how much you purchase. There are couple of my purchases that I still haven't used and may never. :oops:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
Zipline65 wrote:Oh, ladies....I don't even have a Tear yet but I have started collecting my "glamped up" fixtures. I first heard about Teardrops about 4 years ago and it has taken this long to get my husband on board. We are currently planning a build for a Weekender but haven't given up on finding an affordable used one. I can't wait. I love this website and reading your posts.
Liz

I did a little of that, too. However, be careful what and how much you purchase. There are couple of my purchases that I still haven't used and may never. :oops:

+1 what Sharon said.

Some of my "must haves" will be on the auction block at the CRA.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby deleted » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Welcome Liz!
I hope you are able to find one ready to go or can build fast so that you can hit the road and start having fun :lol:

I only bought really teeny tiny things ahead of picking up The Glampette. Some are ridiculously small but since I'm traveling alone and cooking for one I figured that's ok. All my friends who've seen my 4" cast iron waffle iron and other miniature accessories couldn't stop laughing at them :oops: but, I don't care :R

If you decide to build, Pinterest is full of ideas and the forum here even more full of great help when it comes to designing and constructing.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Welcome Liz. hope you enjoy our craziness here in the ladies section but as you see several of the guys like to put in their 2 cents worth every once in a while. I have already decided to build my second TD. :roll: I have learned so much but this one will have to have the glamping side of me!!!! it will be smaller and brother Ben will build the frame, I have to go to facebook glamping site and check out the pictures. who knows I may have my picture up there some day!!!

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers