6X12 Haulmark "Fly Fishing Camper"

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 6X12 Haulmark "Fly Fishing Camper".

Postby bc toys » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 am

Glad you are liking your trailer and its good that you can enjoy it with your wife Me and my wife are enjoying ours we love dessert racing and sand drags so for my theam I going with dirt racing my point is do you ever see any off road racing material out there in those shops you go in. And does you wife sew for others if I ever find me some off road stuff.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Gonefishin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 pm

bc toys wrote: And does you wife sew for others if I ever find me some off road stuff.

She has made quilts, pillow cases, and bags for others in the past. She'd need measurements. I'm sure something could be worked out. I don't recall seeing any off-road racing fabric/material, but then again, I'm usually not the one doing most of the looking, and I have a one-track mind. I'll keep my eye out though, and ask my wife to do the same. What are you looking for? Dirt Bikes? Buggies? Dragsters? Racing Trucks? Big Trucks? I live in Utah, and I bet some place in Salt Lake City might have some salt-flat related things since the salt flats are just a couple hours west. We don't hit the deserts much, but I bet Moab, UT has something as well. I usually find my fishing-related stuff in small mountain towns in Wyoming and Montana. We'll be in SLC in a couple weeks.

I've just done a quick search of some of her stores, and they've got fabric for every damn sport on the planet except off-road racing! :thinking: :thumbdown: Snowmobiling, skiing, all the team sports, nascar, motorcycle racing, monster trucks, vintage racing, hunting, fishing, boating, you name it . . . I'll keep looking though.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby bc toys » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 am

Yes thats the problem I'm having :lol: I can find ever thing but off road buggies and trucks If I find them I would like pillow cases top and bottom sheets We are going with a silver diamond plated look bed spread. might just have to go with checker flag look. :cry: :cry: Iwill ask some of my drivers if they have a ideal where we can get some. :shock: :shock: Thanks for asking her about it we me.
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Gonefishin » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:55 pm

It's a thing of beauty and seems to blow out the heat "just right." Quiet, warm ambiance. :D
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby rebapuck » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:01 pm

Is that a marine fireplace? What's the size?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby hankaye » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Gonefishin, Howdy;

Gonefishin wrote:It's a thing of beauty and seems to blow out the heat "just right." Quiet, warm ambiance. :D

Truly do like that heater, but won't the flickerin' of the flames keep you up???
It would me.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby OverTheTopCargoTrailer » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:41 pm

I truly wish it was winter time :applause: :applause: :applause:
OverTheTopCargoTrailer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gonefishin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:30 pm

hankaye wrote:Gonefishin, Howdy;
Truly do like that heater, but won't the flickerin' of the flames keep you up???
It would me.

hank

No problem Hank. Heck, I used to sleep during summer "nights" in Alaska and Canada when the sun never set for two months. I will find it soothing actually, and it will help put me to sleep.

Rebapuck: It's a Dickinson marine heater. Its 7" deep, 8 1/2" wide, and 14" tall. Here's the recent thread I posted here just on the heater install. http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=56858
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby mach » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:57 am

Jim, what's your electrical set up? I'm looking for something very simple. Battery and solor panel. Most of my trips are 2-4 days off grid. I am looking to charge small items like phone, E-reader, GPS and run 12v lights for my 6x12 trailer. I want to keep this very simple. I use my trailer for fishing and hunting trips.

Thanks!
mach
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gonefishin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:06 am

I have a group 24 deep cycle battery, and a small 30 watt portable solar panel that I just move to where it faces the Sun, or sometimes set on the roof when there won't be any wind. I charge a cell phone, Kindle, run 3 inside LED lights, run the fan all night on my heater, and spend a few hours a day on my laptop, all which are pluged into cigarette lighter plugs that I ran inside the trailer from the battery, direct wired with an in line fuse near the battery. Clean and simple. the battery also charges from the tow vehicle when I tow the trailer. I go off grid for a week or two at a time this time of year, and up to 3 weeks in the summer, and haven't ever run out of 12 volt power. if you have room and can find or make a box for a group 27 deep cycle battery, I would recommend that. It never hurts to have a little extra juice. I think the LED lights that I put overhead are key. regular bulbs would run it down fast.
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby Prem » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:56 am

Jim,

Yeah. Way to keep it super simple and highly effecient.

And your heater is the best of the best! (So are the Yellow Labs and the fiberglass drift boat/dory.)

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby mach » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 am

Gonefishin wrote:I have a group 24 deep cycle battery, and a small 30 watt portable solar panel that I just move to where it faces the Sun, or sometimes set on the roof when there won't be any wind. I charge a cell phone, Kindle, run 3 inside LED lights, run the fan all night on my heater, and spend a few hours a day on my laptop, all which are pluged into cigarette lighter plugs that I ran inside the trailer from the battery, direct wired with an in line fuse near the battery. Clean and simple. the battery also charges from the tow vehicle when I tow the trailer. I go off grid for a week or two at a time this time of year, and up to 3 weeks in the summer, and haven't ever run out of 12 volt power. if you have room and can find or make a box for a group 27 deep cycle battery, I would recommend that. It never hurts to have a little extra juice. I think the LED lights that I put overhead are key. regular bulbs would run it down fast.

Thanks! I'm very new to this stuff. Thought I would get away with low light but waking up and coming in in the dark really sucks. I'll post my set up soon. I'm mid hunting season and there is never either time to get this thing going.

Ken
mach
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gonefishin » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Early on, I bought a couple of LED puck lights that operate from 4 AA batteries at WalMart for a few bucks. The batteries cost more than the lights! However, I've yet to need to change batteries. I put a strip of velcro on the back of the lights, and then a strip just outside my door for a night light, and a couple inside for a reading and night light. They put out a lot of light, last a long time, and just tap on and off. They also have a timer you can set for a minute, 2, 5, or constant on. The one outside is great for needing to go out after dark. The inside one is a nice reading light, and all I have to do is tap it to turn it off instead of getting up and hitting the main light switch. They also make handy back-up lights in case of a short or other reason the wired inside lights decide not to work.

Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby Tx River Rat » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:11 pm

Gonefishing
i really like how you did this trailer. simple but with every thing you need.
Great build
Ron
Tx River Rat
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby mach » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:23 am

I do a lot of backpacking and I took my hammock from the back door to the front side door as a bed. It's not for everyone but man you have a ton of space once you roll the hammock back up. Although the temps dropped to 28 that night it was cold in the trailer. My trailer is NOT insulated and I do not use a heater at night. I stayed warm it was just getting out of bed part that was nuts! My little buddy heater would have the trailer warm in 15 minutes. I also painted the walls of my trailer white and that really helps out with lighting.
mach
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions