wouldnt this be better?

stand up or sit down...to sink or not to sink...want or got gas...post your Q&A here..........

wouldnt this be better?

Postby Lunchbox7985 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 am

I was going to order this
http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-182-200-Pre-Pressurized-Accumulator-Tank/dp/B000N9VF6Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379254273&sr=8-1&keywords=shurflo+accumulator+tank

but wouldn't this be better?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AZL562/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=hi

it seems the latter is for use in a home, whereas the shurflo is made specifically for the rv pumps, and aplications, but I cant seem to find any reason not to go with the bigger cheaper one.

on the other hand im only going to have 7 gallons of fresh water, so I think a 2 gallon accumulator might be overkill, but ill still take some comments.
Lunchbox7985
Teardrop Advisor

Re: wouldnt this be better?

Postby 48Rob » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:20 am

I've never found a need for an accumulator.
I have a 21 gallon tank.
Sooner or later, the pump will kick on and make noise, it isn't that big a deal (to me).
Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Lunchbox7985 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 am

I main concern is, the pump is much faster than the faucet and I'm going to have so little plumbing, I imagine the pump is going to cycle like crazy
Lunchbox7985
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GuitarPhotog » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

As long as you are shutting off the flow out of the pump, not the flow into it, the pump usually won't care if there's no flow.

An impeller pump doesn't want to be starved by shutting off the input to it, but tolerates a blocked output just fine. Diaphragm pumps are different, but I doubt anyone here's using a diaphragm pump for RV water.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:09 pm

I believe most RV water pumps are diaphragm pumps though of a different type. i.e. the Shurflo is a three chamber diaphragm. http://www.shurflo.com/files/RV-Product ... 4_444_.pdf
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Lunchbox7985 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:59 pm

so I ordered the shurflo accumulator tank since it was smaller, just said screw the price, called amazon a couple hours after my order since I ordered 1 elbow adapter for it and the pump when I needed 2, long story short, they sent me 3 accumulator tanks and refunded the money for 2 of em since it was their screw up.

so now I have 2 extra accumulator tanks that ill probably sell on ebay. winning!
Lunchbox7985
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 48Rob » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Good deal!

Please let us know how you like the tank, and if you feel it helps/is worth it.
I'm pretty curious... :thumbsup:

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Lunchbox7985 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm

I was worried about is small capacity, but our does exactly what is supposed to do. It now takes the water being on for a second before the pump kicks in. And if I don't have the faucet on all the way the pump runs for a good 10 seconds on/ 10 seconds off. Before with nothing but some tiny tube between the pump and the faucet full blast was fine, but half way would make the pump click on and of very rapidly. Im talking like 20 times a second rapid. So I didnt see the built in relay lastong very long.
Lunchbox7985
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 48Rob » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:21 am

Glad it worked out for you! :thumbsup:

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Plumbing & Propane Secrets