going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby Fyddler » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 pm

I still have not convinced my wife on the luggable yet, but for the price can't go wrong, and ease of maintenance. This is quite the thread, I spent an hour reading it today. The person who started it 3 years ago never posted again, I wonder if they know what they started!
To err is human, to really foul up requires a computer

Build Log: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=55017
Fyddler
The 300 Club

Postby coop74 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm

I have a simple out building/tent and lugable loo and my wife loves it for bathroom break in the evening. It is just a step outside of the trailer so it is close.

My two cents anyway...
Robert "Coop" Cooper
coop74
Teardrop Advisor

Postby nosnikta » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 pm

My husband thinks we don't need one, I am being ridiculous, & should simply walk to the nearest facility. (We will be at a State Park, & they will be available) HOWEVER, He's a man, & with 6 & 10 year old daughters, I'M getting a potty :thumbsup:
nosnikta
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 pm

nosnikta wrote:My husband thinks we don't need one, I am being ridiculous, & should simply walk to the nearest facility. (We will be at a State Park, & they will be available) HOWEVER, He's a man, & with 6 & 10 year old daughters, I'M getting a potty :thumbsup:

Good for you! If he bellyaches about it, you can always tell him that he will have to be the one to take the girls (and you!) to the park facilities in the middle of the night. :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat May 04, 2013 4:38 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
nosnikta wrote:My husband thinks we don't need one, I am being ridiculous, & should simply walk to the nearest facility. (We will be at a State Park, & they will be available) HOWEVER, He's a man, & with 6 & 10 year old daughters, I'M getting a potty :thumbsup:

Good for you! If he bellyaches about it, you can always tell him that he will have to be the one to take the girls (and you!) to the park facilities in the middle of the night. :lol:

+ 1

Mike bought a porta potty years ago so we could take our girls to the lake. Their children are now happy to have near facilities that are not public.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby honeask » Sun May 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Nosnikta, not to cause any issues but.......the husband is wrong. It is very important to have a loo nearby, especially with children. I think I have posted on this before. We got one of those popup tents from Bass Pro (38 dollars), like the window shade covers that pops up and you fold it back up in a big circle. I have a big bucket that the cat litter comes in (square with a lid). I double bag it with cat litter in the bottom. It works very well and it light weight. I only use it at night and the ladies room during the day. A man can use a tree most times at night and we can't, can we? Good luck.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby Cathy P. » Thu May 09, 2013 6:31 pm

I watched a youtube video clip on the "p-mate" and when she said "You can even write your name in the snow.", I thought "Now, why isn't that on my bucket list?" I am studying the devices that allow you to "pee like a guy" so I'll be ready next year when the snow flies.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Thu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Cathy P. wrote:I watched a youtube video clip on the "p-mate" and when she said "You can even write your name in the snow.", I thought "Now, why isn't that on my bucket list?" I am studying the devices that allow you to "pee like a guy" so I'll be ready next year when the snow flies.

:rofl: :rofl2: :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re:

Postby FloridaDee » Fri May 10, 2013 3:36 pm

No clean up with your porta potti using this: Wag Bags A little pricey but worth it. I build my wag bags up by adding a little kitty litter to the poo gel already in it. Works great. Zip it closed and "legally" toss it in the trash bin. No mess.
Scott G.

Scott is right! We use Wag Bags in our tent camper! Works great.

Dee
FloridaDee
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 pm

gypsy97 wrote:May I ask what is the "double bag thing"? When I did a lot of long distance backpacking in the 1997 I used a ziplock bag in my tent when it was rainning. I've tried it recently on camping trips and the ziplocks leak - they sure aren't as good as they used to be. I'm going to check out the portable potties at REI soon, but wonder if they are worth the hassle. Thanks.

Gypsy

Potty Double bag:

Potty bag before opening:

Ready for use:

In the morning, roll the inner bag down and zip the outer bag closed before discarding:

Keep some folded bags in the bottom, under the opened bag:

Ever since a practical joker slit one of my double bags, I line the bottom with a paper towel and also lay one on top, so that when I change the bags, I can see that all is dry. (The “slit” joke only happened once.) :

You’ve heard of a “Tea” party? Well, I had another kind of party that night. I sat on the floor, laughing about it.
These came in very handy then, as well as for other uses after that:

PS. I'm going to post this in the "Going Pee in the Middle of the Night" thread, so the Newbies can find it easily.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Redcub » Tue May 21, 2013 12:33 pm

My dad was an avid camper. He always brought a shovel and told me to dig a hole, use the hole to go to the bathroom and then cover it up with dirt as you go when you are done and ready to leave, cover it completely with dirt.. Simple as that.
One of the reasons I did not get a larger camper is because I did not want to travel with a sewer system with me.

At night I have a pee coffee can. I get about twice every night and if I have anyone in my camper with me they have to suffer with me getting up so much.
I try to limit my liquids but something happens to me when I lay down and get relaxed.

Odd how our bodies do weird things as we age..
Love and kindness are very powerful.
Redcub
Teardrop Inspector

Postby breesha03 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:45 pm

I know it's a pain to get in and out of the camper at night, but I have a Cabela's deluxe Shower Shelter I use in conjunction with my teardrop. It's probably the most robust of any "pop up" shelter of the type I've seen. It's usually $150 but Cabela's actually has them on sale for $50 right now, which is a steal. I use it for the potty, but it also has the capability of holding a solar shower (which it actually comes with...bonus!) It doesn't take much to put up and is indispensable, in my opinion. If you can integrate the potty into the trailer itself, definitely check these shelters out.
Banker by week, adventurer by weekend.
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby BlackCatRacing » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:02 pm

breesha03 wrote:I know it's a pain to get in and out of the camper at night, but I have a Cabela's deluxe Shower Shelter I use in conjunction with my teardrop. It's probably the most robust of any "pop up" shelter of the type I've seen. It's usually $150 but Cabela's actually has them on sale for $50 right now, which is a steal. I use it for the potty, but it also has the capability of holding a solar shower (which it actually comes with...bonus!) It doesn't take much to put up and is indispensable, in my opinion. If you can integrate the potty into the trailer itself, definitely check these shelters out.

Hello Breesha03, Went to Cabelas website but could not find what you were talking about. Would you happen to have the URL or whatever it is that you click on to get to the product. Your help would be greatly appreciated as I have been wanting to get a privy for awhile now.

Thanks Patrick

P.S. This is what I was thinking of buying but it seems that you can not hang things from the ceiling. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camping/ ... t104569380
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt...
BlackCatRacing
Teardrop Builder

Postby breesha03 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi, Patrick!

I just checked Cabelas site and they are currently sold out of the shelters! So sorry about that. I found this one on ebay--its the EXACT shelter. Little more expensive but worth the money, as far as I'm concerned:

http://r.ebay.com/A3ooqQ
Banker by week, adventurer by weekend.
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby jonw » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:52 pm

breesha03 wrote:Hi, Patrick!

I just checked Cabelas site and they are currently sold out of the shelters! So sorry about that. I found this one on ebay--its the EXACT shelter. Little more expensive but worth the money, as far as I'm concerned:

http://r.ebay.com/A3ooqQ

FWIW, I bought one of these and thought it was very heavy and a nightmare to assemble, so I sold it to someone else via Craigslist.

My take is it would be appropriate if you were staying in one place for a while (like a hunting camp) but to assemble and dis-assemble it while travelling, not so much.
jonw
Titanium Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers