Made some Bruschetta tonight

Recipes that work best for teardroppers

Made some Bruschetta tonight

Postby jandmz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:51 pm

The basil in our garden was getting to the end of the season, so I picked about a cup of leaves, chopped a piece of garlic, ran it through the food processor with about 1/4 cup of olive oil and let it sit in the fridge for a couple days. Tonight I toasted some french bread, spread some of the pesto on it, sprinkled on some Parmesan cheese and topped it off with a slice of tomato.

About four pieces was enough to call it dinner.

Really good!!!
jandmz
Teardrop Master

Re: Made some Bruschetta tonight

Postby PKCSPT » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:45 am

Sounds yummy
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Re: Made some Bruschetta tonight

Postby grantstew8 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:10 am

Your post reminded me we had bruschetta for lunch yesterday too!

We were taken for a meal to a mushroom restaurant in the hills behind San Remo, just over the border in Italy. There was a party of about 20. We split the table speaking English and had Italians on one side and French on the other.
The food came in waves and started with bruschetta that initially looked like a plate of salsa: you could not see the bread. It was followed by sliced mushroom, orange and raw mince, (unexpectedly delicious) then mushroom and sliced potato with garlic and herbs. By 3pm we had the main course(s) risotto, lamb then bbq beef all with different varieties of mushrooms and by 4 the grappa was on the table.

It's worth a visit but you need to make a reservation.... and a gps to find the place.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g2089120-d2317657-Reviews-Ristorante_Ca_Mea-Badalucco_Province_of_Imperia_Liguria.html

It is our last day in Nice and we head inland to Lyon the French food capital for thee days and then fly home to "sunny" Scotland.
grantstew8
The 300 Club

Return to Recipes by and for teardroppers Cookbook #1